Pages

1.28.2015

Stamping Up! True Friend: I'm So Grateful

Hello crafty friends! I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far! Here in the Southeast Wisconsin area, we only had some light snow, so I was able to go out and run some errands. It was nice to get some fresh air and actually enjoy winter without the negative temperature and chilling wind.

Today's post features my card entry for the Flashback Friday Challenge. This is the 3rd challenge and it's all about flowers! I love anything flowers so it's the perfect challenge for me!


For today's card, I wanted to feature the flower medallion from a retired set called True Friend. Since I wanted the flower to be the main focus, I stamped the sentiment "I'm so grateful" from Mama Elephant Many Thanks set repeatedly in Moonlight pigment ink for a subtle background. Then I ran my stamped background panel through my die-cut machine using a frame from Avery Elle Finished Frames dies set. That panel was adhered to my coral card base.


For my flower, I stamped it 3 times - one in each color (Apricot, Ocean and Sunshine pigment inks). I fussy cut the flowers out and layered them. I distress the edges of the flower in Ocean ink with Vintage Photo distress ink. To finish my card, I popped my flower with foam dimensional dots and added a clear gemstone to the center of the flower.


I also wanted to share this behind-the-scene photo with you before I sign off. I seriously thought this background was going to take me forever to create, but surprisingly, it didn't. Yay! It took me about 10 minutes to mask, draw the guidelines and ink this background up. This is a really great way to stretch your sentiment stamps. I'll definitely be doing some more of this word/sentiment type background! :)

And, that's all for today's card. I absolutely love how neat the background came out and I really enjoyed using my older stamps again. Thanks again for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your week!

Supplies Used:
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah - Solar White; Bo Bunny - Coral Dot
Stamps: Stampin' Up! - True Friend; Mama Elepant - Many Thanks
Inks: Mama Elephant - Moonlight, Ocean, Apricot and Sunshine; Tim Holtz Distress - Vintage Photo
Others: Tombow - Mono Adhesive; The Paper Studio - Dimensional Foam Dots and Clear Gemstones; Avery Elle - Finshed Frames; Ranger - Mini Foam Applicator

9 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. I really love the background. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I really appreciate you popping in to say 'hi'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ka, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a very special comment!
    I LOVE your card! I really thought that was background paper you used and had no idea you actually stamped that! It's fabulous and so perfect!!! I can't seen to get things like that straight but yours is wonderful. Love that flower you used and by stamping in the different colors it gives it so much dimension! Can't wait to see more creations from you and have become a follower.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ka! This is really beautiful! I have to say that the bold colors are stunning and stand up nicely against your word background which is way too cool by the way!! Love this card! :) Thanks so much for sharing your creation at my Flashback Friday Challenge! I hope you will join every Friday with me! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment on my card-I love your CAS card,beautiful layered flower and love how you stamped the background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! perfect stamping! That background looks wonderful, love the shade of gray you used. Subtle, but not too subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like stamped backgrounds too, good job on the card! The pop of color added by the medallion really makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One thing I love about going to others blogs is to see how they stretch their stamps. I LOVE how you created this background with that Mama Elephant sentiment. Totally, totally fabulous use of the stamp!! I also like the colorful flower against that gray background. Stunning design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flower & great way to make the background!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥