Pages

1.30.2015

Mama Elephant In My Heart: I'll Be Here

Hi crafty friends! We've made it through another week! I hope your week wasn't too long and arduous, and if it was, well look on the bright side... it's Friday! And to celebrate this wonderful Friday, I made a cute card using the adorable little people from Mama Elephant In My Heart stamp set. I just absolutely love this stamp set; who could resist a group of tiny people and critters?!

This week Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is Up In The Clouds. I thought the clouds from Lawn Fawn Into The Woods stamp set would be perfect for this challenge. And, after seeing My Favorite Things current Sketch Challenge #213 I thought that it be perfect to pair it with SSS Clouds challenge. Also, this week at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Anything Goes, so I like to enter this card into that challenge as well.



Since I was planning on coloring the little girl with Copics Markers, I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black. Then I colored her with Copics. Since I didn’t have any matching Copics to add for shading, I just went over with the colored areas once more to give them a little depth. I love doing this since my Copics collection is still quite modest.

Once the little girl was colored and fussy cut, I began working on my sentiment. I cut a strip of Bo Bunny Sweet Pear Dot paper and used a square punch to create a banner. I heat embossed the sentiment in black. That sentiment strip was set aside with the little girl, so I wouldn't loose them while I work on my focal panel.


For my focal panel, I die cut a white cardstock using a frame from Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables dies. I masked off the stitched edges and stamped my clouds in VersaMark. I white heat embossed the clouds. Then I colored the paper using Tumbled Glass Distress ink.

I cut a black polka dots paper from DCWV into a square and adhered that to my card base along with the focal panel and sentiment strip. To finish the card, I threaded a blue baker’s twine into the button and tied it into a bow. I attached the button using glue dots.

That wraps up my card for today. I just absolutely love this little scene. I felt that the little girl is reaching out to the recipient and ready to give her a hug. :) Thanks again for stopping by and see you again soon!

Supplies Used:
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah - Solar White; Bo Bunny - Buttercup Dot and Sweet Pear Dot; DCWV - Perf
Stamps: Mama Elephant - In My Heart; Lawn Fawn - Into The Woods
Inks: VersaMark; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Distress - Tumbled Glass
Others: Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Therm-O-Web - Zot Glue Dots; American Crafts - Black Embossing Powders; Ranger - Mini Foam Applicator; Hero Arts - Button; We R Memory Keepers - Turquoise Baker's Twine; Stampin' Up! - 3/4" Square Punch; Lawn Fawn - Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables Dies; Copics; Craft Knife

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful clean, fun & colourful card! :)

    Mandy

    myinkcrediblejourney.blogspot.com
    craftingcatdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. I love that little girl and the sky and clouds you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute, and adorable card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious and so very perfect! Love the blue of that sky and the clouds! CUTE image and the all the polka dots make me smile! Love your cute card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a little cutie! Love the yellow and the bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the clean style and layout of the card... great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling, sweet card! Great use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card love the cute image and fab colouring,great sentiment and love the B.papers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous - had to pin it!!
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Ka!! This is so super ADORABLE!! Love the embossed texture of the clouds along with your happy colors!! This make me smile for sure!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you really rocked this sketch, I love bright the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable take on the sketch! I love that little girl and love the clouds and papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super sweet, fun and colorful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A. I love the word "arduous."
    B. What a cute card, Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet!! I love that little girl!! Great take on the sketch. I am loving your blog. It is been so much fun to go through.

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥