Pages

1.26.2015

Avery Elle Petals and Stems: Merci

Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! To start off the week, I made a card using white colored pencil to bring my flat flower to life by highlighting the edges of the petals. I made this card for the latest My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge.  I recently purchased the Avery Elle "Petals and Stems" stamp set and I've just been dying to use it! The flowers in this set is just so beautiful and I love that it has solid images so I could, if I wanted to skip the extra step of coloring.



I started by cutting a piece of striped patterned paper just a tad smaller than my card base and punch the bottom part using a scallop border punch. That panel was adhered to my kraft card base. I stamped my sentiment in Versamark onto white cardstock and heat embossed with black embossing powders. I matted the sentiment strip with a larger strip of purple cardstock and adhered it to the card.


For my flower and leaves, I stamped the flower in Eggplant, the nectar in Sunshine and the leaves in Mojito pigment inks. I colored in areas of the petals where the light might be hitting the top of the flower. I added some glittery shine using my clear Wink of Stella glitter brush. Then I fussy cut them. I popped the flower with dimensional foam dots and tucked the leaves behind the flower with a little adhesive.

And that's the card for today! A pretty clean and simple card. I didn't have to think too much which is a good thing in my book! I hope you enjoyed today's post and thanks again for stopping by!

Supplies Used:
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah - Solar White; Stampin' Up! - Kraft and Elegant Eggplant; Me & My Big Ideas - striped patterned paper
Stamps: Avery Elle - Petals and Stems
Inks: VersaMark; Mama Elephant - Eggplant, Sunshine and Mojito
Others: Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Fiskars - Apron Lace Border Punch; Prismacolor - White color pencil; American Crafts - Black Embossing Powders; Kuretake - Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen

5 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this sweet CAS card, Ka! The color is beautiful on your flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Ka. Glad to have you play along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love the purple! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful take on the sketch! I love that big purple bloom, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ka, your card is making me wish for spring! Just lovely.

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥