Pages

2.27.2015

Mama Elephant Fair Feathers: Birthday Wishes

Guess what day it is... it's Friday! Woot woot! And today I have yet another birthday card made for the current My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #217 and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes. Have I mentioned how much I just love the sketches at MFT Card Challenges? Well I do! And I've been having a blast playing with their sketches.



I always seem to be short-handed when it comes to birthday cards. So, it's always a good thing to make a few extras and have them on hand for those last minutes when you have no time to whip something. For today's card, I used the feather and "birthday wishes" sentiment from the "Fair Feathers" set by Mama Elephant.

I started off by die cutting a stitched rectangle out of kraft cardstock. Then I arranged and cut all the little fish tails/banners. Once everything looked good to me, I stamped the birthday sentiment in Dark Storm onto the beige banner. Next, I stamped the feathers in mint and pink pigment inks, fuzzy cut them and adhered them on top of the banners. I added some clear Wink Of Stella glitter to the feathers. And lastly, I finished my card with a gray baker's twine and adhered the entire stitched panel to the card base.


That's it for today. I hope you like today's card. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies Used:
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah - Solar White; Stampin' Up! - Kraft; American Crafts - Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic Collection Extra Ordinary Avenue and Spring Collection Raindrop Rapture; Heidi Swapp - Serenditipity 12"X12" Paper Stack
Stamps: Mama Elephant - Fair Feathers
Inks: Mama Elephant - Dark Storm, Fresh Mint and Piggy Bank
Others: Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Lawn Fawn - Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables; Recollections - Gray and Aqua Washi Tapes; We R Memory - Sew Fancy Gray Baker's Twine; Kuretake - Clear Wink Of Stella Pen; Pink Adhesive Ribbon

20 comments:

  1. Love the color combination and the feather stamp! I've been feeling like I need some feather stamps, so I'll have to check out this set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card. I love the feathers and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the simple elegance of this card.Hats off to you for making a birthday card ... I've resigned to making a generous batch of belated cards because ... well, you know why! Have a lovely weekend, Ka.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - the colors especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! Love the beautiful feathers! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful interpretation of the sketch, I love the feathers and the sparkle! Great Card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card! Its very pretty.
    In my blog on right side There is a translation. If you press the button you can read the text in English.
    hugs and kiss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You did a great job with this sketch. I must admit when I first saw this sketch on the MFT blog, I thought "What could I possibly do with that?" But you really nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is gorgeous! LOVE the feathers with that touch of sparkle, and the colors you chose are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shine on those beautiful feathers! Super pretty card and also like that sketch!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great take on the sketch! I love the soft colors and the mix of paper/washi...the washi looks great on the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have rocked this sketch and I love the colours. The subtle glitter ooks great too. Very nice x

    ReplyDelete
  13. that feathers is adorable and you choose a great color combo against that kraft paper Ka love your card and love that scrap paper in srtipes clever card you have made and I love it
    hey do you want to exchange birthday card with me please reply me and you will come to my email dear Ka
    my Bday is 10 April and I love purple..if you tell me your address and your bday date and your fav color I will make you a special bday card Ka..
    hugs from Germany
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely colors! The feathers look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully created--great use of the sketch! I haven't been able to get something done yet, but you make me want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is so pretty! love the colors you used and the subtle shine on the feathers! thanks so much for playing along with MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #217!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is gorgeous, love colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful!! I love the shiny feathers. Your color choice is perfect-the soft pink and aqua go so well together. I also like how you mixed patterned paper and Washi tape for the banners in back of the feathers. Great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is crazy lovely, Ka! And I'm SO glad to hear how much you love our sketches! :)

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥