Pages

2.02.2015

Thanks & Friendship

Hello crafty friends! Yesterday, we had a huge snow storm and got up to 11" of snow. In some areas, we got even more because of the snow drift. It was crazy! Because of the blizzard here, I was able to get a lot of stuff done including some crafty stuff! :)

Today I bring you not one, but two cards for a few challenges that I am entering to. The first challenge is Flashback Friday I'm addicted to... with a love theme created by Vicki from Stamp Smiles. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is also having a challenge going on this week and their theme is H is for.... Last, but not least, Lawn Fawn is having a Clean and Simple challenge going on until the 11th. I hope you will go and check out these fun challenges and if you can, play along too!



I absolutely am addicted to stamp and patterned papers. I have tons of stamps and stacks of patterned paper pads and yet, I want more! :) So, I thought it be fun to featured a retired stamp set from Stampin' Up! called Punch Potpourri and one of my favorite patterned paper from Love Stories Simply Scrappin' Kit which is also retired.


This card is relatively easy to make. I sized my background paper to A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2). The background paper is double-sided so I just flipped a left over piece to the other size and punched the edge with a scallop border punch. I adhered those two to the card base along with a sheer blue ribbon scrap.


For the heart, I stamped it with Mama Elephant Brown Sugar pigment ink and clear heat embossed it. I colored the flowers with copics and punched the heart using a coordinating heart punch. This set didn't have a sentiment I wanted, so instead I took out a sentiment from Stampin' Up! Trendy Trees stamp set. I stamped the sentiment in VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink and heat embossed with black embossing powders. I used a 3/4" square punch to create my little banner. The heart was popped with foam dimensional dots and the sentiment banner was adhered on top of the ribbon. I am entering this card to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and Flashback Friday.


For the second card, I stamped the little deers in Memento Tuxedo black twice. The deer on the right was created using the mirror technique. I colored them with copics and fussy cut them. I die cut my focal panel using Lawn Fawn's Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables dies. I blended Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot distress inks to get the night sky background. To create my snow drifts, I took a doily and cut it into thirds. Those were adhered under a blended Chipped Sapphire strip of cardstock.


I grabbed one of the sentiment from Stampin' Up! It's Snow Time stamp set and white heat embossed. I am entering this card to Lawn Fawn Lawnscaping Challenge and Simon Say Stamps Monday Challenge.

I would love to see what you've created if you do decide to participate in these challenges. Just leave a comment below with a link to your blog. Thanks again for stopping by and I apologized for the lengthy post! If you did read it all the way through, give yourself a big hug from me! :)

Thanks So Much Supplies:
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah – Solar White; Stampin’ Up! – Blue Floral & Brown Striped
Stamps: Stampin’ Up! – Punch Potpourri and Trendy Trees
Inks: VersaFine – Onyx Black; Mama Elephant – Brown Sugar
Others: Tombo – Mono Adhesive; Recollections – Foam Dimensional Dots; Stampin’ Up! – Heart and ¾” Punches; Fiskars – Apron Lace Border Punch; American Crafts – Black and Clear Embossing Powders; Sheer Blue Ribbon Scrap; Copics

Friendship Card Supplies:
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah – Solar White
Stamps: Lawn Fawn – Into The Woods; Stampin' Up! - It's Snow Time
Inks: VersaMark; Memento – Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Distress - Tumble Glass, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot
Others: Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Lawn Fawn – Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables; Recollections - Doily; American Crafts - White Embossing Powders; Ranger - Mini Foam Applicators

12 comments:

  1. Both are fantastic! Love those little LF deer and your card is as cute as can be. The first card is a beauty! Love the patterned paper you used on this.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! BOTH of these creations are absolutely ADORABLE Ka!!! I used to have that Punch Potpourri set!! It looks awesome with those papers too!! The embossed heart image makes this look so elegant too!! Love it!!

    Of course I adore those Lawn Fawn stamps too!! Such a sweet card there as well!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at my Flashback Friday Challenge! I hope you will join every Friday with me! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards! I really love how you did in the heart in the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! Love the soft color palette on the first along with the pretty heart. The little fawns are darling on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowww both are sweet. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! I really love the paper you chose for the first, and the second is just darling, love those deer facing one another!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super adorable cards, Ka. LOVE the stamped script on the heart... subtle and beautiful. And don't get me started on those darling fawns... just toooo cute!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 great cards--the second one is so clever & cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute cards! I love the layout of the first one, and those deers are adorable on your second card! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards!! The first one is super pretty and the second one to die by cuteness!!! Love the adorable couple and amazing dimensional details
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - you really rocked the mirror image technique! This is a fantastic card! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those little deers!!!! I adore them! Fab card Ka! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥