Pages

2.16.2015

Stampin' Up! Pun Fun: Congratulations On Your New Baby

Hello crafty friends! Sorry it's been a little quiet around here lately, I've been very busy with work. I worked at Edible Arrangement and before every major holiday, for example, this past Valentine's Day - there were tons of prep work that needed to be prepare. So, I have been working everyday for 7 days leading up to Valentine's Day. Now, the holiday is over and I can relax and make some cards. Yay!!!

And as the title implied, I do have a Baby card for you today! I made this card using a retired stamp set called "Pun Fun" by Stampin' Up!


To begin my card, I cut a green block and a strip of beige patterned papers from DCWV Baby Boy 12"x12" paper stack and adhered them to my card panel. I punched out a 2 1/2" circle from white cardstock. I created the waves using a punched scalloped border and applied some Salty Ocean distressed ink. My whale was stamped two times in two different colors. The one on white cardstock was stamped in Salty Ocean distress ink and the one on kraft cardstock is VersaFine black pigment ink. I fussy cut the whale on the kraft cardstock and adhered it over the blue whale using foam dimensional dots.

For my sentiment banner, I used a 2-line sentiment stamp from another retired Stampin' Up! called Friendly Phrases. I stamped only the first line which is the "congratulations" part in VersaFine and heat embossed with black embossing powders. And then I created the two fish tails sides using a square punch. The circle panel and banner was adhered to the card base. The second line, which was the bottom part of the sentiment stamp was stamped on the inside of the card.


To finish my card, I pierced a little tiny hole using my paper piercer and threaded a blue twine through it. I tied the twine into a bow. I secured the bow with a multi-medium glue.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Flashback Friday Challenge, My Favorite Things Sketch #215, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

So, that is today's card! I had so much fun playing and combining these challenges together! I think it really helps streamline my creative process and makes it easier for me to design my card. Thanks again for stopping by and have a fantastic week!

Supplies Used:
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah - Solar White; Stampin' Up! - Kraft; DCWV - Baby Boy 12"x12" Paper Stack
Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Pun Fun and Friendly Phrases
Inks: VersaFine - Onyx Black Pigment; Tim Holtz - Salty Ocean Distress
Others: Tombow - Mono Adhesive; The Paper Studio - Foam Dimensional Dots; Ranger - Multi-Medium Glue; Ek Success - 2 1/2" Circle Punch; Stampin' Up! - 3/4 Square Punch; Fiskars - Scalloped Sentiment Border Punch; American Crafts - Black Embossing Powders; We R Memory Keepers - Sew Fancy Blue Twine; Ranger - Mini Foam Applicator

15 comments:

  1. AWE!! This is absolutely ADORABLE Ka!! Love the waves under this happy whale the water spout too! :) The curvy wording on the inside is so fun!! Thanks so much for sharing your creation at my Flashback Friday Challenge! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ka, that sounds like a FUN place to work!!! Know this had to have been a busy time of the year for you though too.
    Cute, cute cad! Love the little whale and the background paper is precious with him. Great card for a baby!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I have this set and I love it! The layout you used goes perfectly with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative & so cute--love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Ka! this is precious, a gorgeous CAS card! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card!! Perfect for this occasion!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so fun and cute. Love the twine.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so sweet! I love how clean it is! And is perfect for the sketch! The twine and the water tie the card together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog :). Love the combination of green and the little touch of blue you used here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. all your cards are beautiful, I love the last one for the new baby. Great idea stamp on craft paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I walk a bit on your blog cause its already 22:14 in germany and tomorrow I must go to work again LOl

    this card is a cutie pie
    love the image and great use the Sketch and your color combo is adorable ..
    its a winner on my eyes..
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. That whale is so cute, love his expression!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super cute card. I really like that you stamped that little whale on the craft. It is ADORABLE and looks fabulous against that green background. Loving this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you finally have some time to relax and create, Ka! This turned out cute. :)

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card, Ka!!! I love this funky whale!!! Have a great day! Hugs Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥