Pages

2.04.2015

Lawn Fawn Plus One: There's a Bun in the Oven

Good morning crafty friends! I hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday! Today's post features a fun and adorable card for the latest Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and Lawn Fawn Challenge.



For today's card, I used an older stamp from Lawn Fawn's Spring 2011 Release called Plus One. I used the cute stove with the muffin and the sentiment that goes with it. I thought it would be fun to paper pieced the stove. Don't you just love the different colors and patterns? I also decided to add embossing paste to my background to give some nice texture without distracting my paper-pieced stove & muffin.


I adhered a die-cut speech bubble next to my stove. The sentiment was black heat embossed on a strip of patterned paper. Lawn Fawn's current challenge theme is Clean and Simple, so therefore I kept my design to a minimal. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is to be inspired by the letter H. I was inspired to use Heidi Swapp's products such as her Mix Media Dots Stencil and patterned papers.

And that's it for today's card! I definitely love the simplicity of this card. I had a lot of fun playing with these two challenges! It's actually my second time to enter in these challenges. :) Thanks again for stopping by and see you soon!

Supplies Used:
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah - Solar White; Heidi Swapp - Serendipity 12x12 Paper Pad
Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Plus One
Inks: VersaFine - Onyx Black
Others: Tombow - Mono Adhesvie; Sakura - Quickie Glue Pen; American Crafts - Black Embossing Powders; Heidi Swapp - Mixed Media Dot Stencil; Dreamweaver - White Embossing Paste; Teresa Collins - Pallette Knives; Mama Elephant - Instalove Dies

14 comments:

  1. This is just TOO CUTE! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card!!
    Love that embossed background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO cute and precious!!! I don't think I've ever seen that stamp before and love it. The embossing in the background is so pretty with this! Outstanding!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super cute card. I love that you paper pieced the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woww it's sweet. I love your embossing.Enjoy your weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card! Love the embossed background. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! I love the embossing polka dot background, and the little oven is so cute! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the embossing! Great card
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping 
    Hope to see you again next challenge
    Xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word this is too too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect piecing and absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. can not stop...I am sorry too much comment from me ....
    I must put your name on my blog list...hehe this is so so cuuteee love the muffin inside the oven great scene and lovely Cut out...i have no die cut machine yes I am a poor cardmaker
    but I bought much stamp...
    I love your style Ka
    so cute
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥