Pages

3.31.2015

Mama Elephant Pandamonium: Wedding Card

Update: This card was featured on Mama Elephant Instagram! :)



___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello crafty friends!

I finally had some down time over the weekend to do my favorite thing and that's making cards! I made quite a few and will be sharing them over the next several days so make sure you come back often to take a look.

Before I go into today's card, I wanted to mention that I will be making a change around here on the blog. I am currently looking for a new premade blogger template to make my blog a bit more interesting. I've found a few templates that caught my eyes, but have not set on one yet. Just wanted to let you know in case you mistakenly think you went to the wrong blog.

I love cardmaking challenges, but sometimes challenge rules goes against what I want to create. So, for today's card, I decided to make it for the fun of it! This card definitely makes me happy. My little sister is getting marry next month and I wanted to make her something extra special. She loves Pandas just as much as I do so Mama Elephant Pandamonium stamp set is the perfect set to create a wedding card for her.


I just received my orders from the Stampin' Up! Sale-a-bration on Friday, and oh boy, how excited I was to use those labels dies. I thought the labels dies paired well with those cute pandas. I also wanted to incorporate some white tulle somewhere on my card so I decided to use the tulle for the window. Originally my plan was to use clear acetate sheet for the window, but after having a difficult time deciding where to put the tulle, I decided to not use it. And I'm so glad I switched it because I absolutely love how the "tulle" window came out. I'm sorry that you can't see the tulle that well in the photograph above.


I wanted this scene to be like a photoshoot session, like when the wedded couple gets photograph after their wedding vows. I even die-cut a banner out of "camera" patterned paper. The wedding gown was made out of vellum, the bows out of glitter papers, and flowers out of scrap papers.

And that is pretty much my card for today. I do hope you enjoyed it and sorry for the lengthy post. I promise next time it'll be shorter. And thanks for sticking all the way to the end of this post. Also, many thanks again for stopping by and leaving me sweet and encouraging comments. I appreciate each and every one of them. Have a wonderful day!

Supplies Used:
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah - Solar White; Amy Tangerine - Charmed; Dear Lizzy - Bright Bauble; Green Pattern Paper; DCWV - Glitzy 12x12 Paper Pack; Vellum
Stamps: Mama Elephant - Pandamonium and Nursery Deco
Inks: VersaMark; VersaFine - Onyx Black
Others: Mama Elephant - Dainty Bow and Tags A Lot Dies; Stampin' Up! - Labels Framelits; We R Memory Keeper Sew Fancy Yellow Baker's Twine; American Crafts - White Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Tombow Mono Adhesive; Therm-O-Web - Zots Glue Dots; Copic Markers; White Tulle

25 comments:

  1. This card is so adorable! I love it! I know what you mean about challenges. I don't do them or DTs anymore either. I found I was always making things I didn't need, and didn't have time to make what i really needed/wanted to make. No I only create for me and the people in my life. I only link to a challenge if my card/project just coincidentally fits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Ka, well this is certainly a cute design, love the little wedding grown and all the fun details.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wedding card is so adorable! You did such an awesome job on it...love the details in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I love her "dress"! So creative! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so creative and ADORABLE!! I love the details you've added to your pandas to make them "wedding bears"!! :) Glad you are taking a step back to enjoy the process and not make it stressful for you! That's the important thing! (I understand that!)

    Everyone is different and everyone has something creative to offer and I think you do as well!! I ENJOY seeing what you come up with and however you like to do this process is fabulous!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so stinking cute! So many wonderful details. Ka, I understand sometimes its fun to just create what ever you want, but I also like the inspiration too. Cant wait to see the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is absolutely adorable! those pandas are so cute! Love that you put the tulle in the frame - brilliant idea! And the bows, her dress, and those flowers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so so cute, your sister is going to adore it and I have to pin it! thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable! I love every detail, her wedding dress, the flowers! Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my!! So this is the cutest!! I LOVE how this is both elegant and adorable! That window with the tulle in the background is FANTASTIC and I adore those sweet pandas! Gorgeous work Ka!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I am definitely going to CASE this card. This is ADORABLE!! I LOVE how you used the tulle in the window (one of the first details I noticed) and the little bow and bow tie. FABULOUS design.

    I so know what you mean about challenges. HOWEVER, they do really help me when I am in a rut and cannot think of how to start. Sometimes a sketch will be just the right thing to jumpstart my creativity. I have a harder time with color challenges. Making from the heart is always better, though. I think these kinds of cards are always the best. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card!!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolutely darling xard. I love the pandas. Looking forward to your new blog look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative & how perfect for your sister! Love the vellum wedding dress & never thought to use tulle for a window--great idea! I've been thinking it's kind of dumb to write out what I did when it's completely obvious in the picture & shorter posts are generally better anyway. Good for you to do what makes you happy when challenges go against that. Hugs, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super card. I really like the design. Thanks so much for the lovely comment at mine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love your card and your decision too! I make my cards only for fun, not for a special challenges or something, sometimes I participate, but only If I think this challenges moves something inside, you understand? Thank you for your inspiration Ka! and I have an email for you! I remember!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh your card is just darling! You really do beautiful work! I am looking forward to seeing what you decide on for a new look for your blog. I just did the same thing :) Look forward to seeing your creations from the heart also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card! I like how you used tulle over the window.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a beautiful card !!!!! I am in love with the design and super cute images !!!! I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations !!!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is completely and totally adorable! I just love their outfits, so many great details from the flowers to the bow, so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful wedding card and love the cute pandas and tulle window-I agree that cardmaking should be a fun hobby and not stressfull then it becomes a chore-but saying that some of my best cards have been made in the last stressful moments of a deadline lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely adorable! The little wedding bouquet is brilliant. I love your outlook at the moment and tend to agree. Craft when it makes you happy and for a purpose. Congrats to your sister xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eeeek! She's wearing a vellum dress. You're a genius, Ka! I bow in awe!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh soo sooo cuuuteee I adore all
    the panda kissing the other one
    the bow on panda lady and the flower she has the rock on panda lady
    ooh dear you made a sweeeet card
    I love love love this
    and I read your changes I apreciated it but I am sometimes a faster card maker and love many challenges it was sometimes bost my idea to come up from my stomach..also search challenge look dead line if it is tomorrow ah to less time also I search a new one hehehe
    Ka...I have birthday today..I am turn 24 (LOL wrong typpo just change the position of the number hehehe) I wish you like to join my linky party..may I give it here..
    Hope your sister wedding will be so wonderful and never forget for her and her husband..
    big hugs,
    Monika

    http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2015/04/my-birthday-linky-party-open-until-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what a lovely card. I like the design. It’s so creative and adorable. Invitation cards are an essential part of the wedding to invite the guest so it’s very much needed to make it beautiful as well as eye catching like yours. Recently I bought a wedding invitation card from a very well known shop known as Dream Wedding Card for my sister marriage. The service was just awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥