Pages

3.02.2015

Stamping Up! Sincere Salutations: Good Luck

Hello! It's hard to believe March has already arrived! Time sure flies! This month I have so many birthdays cards to send out along with a couple anniversaries cards too. But, today, I wanted to focus on a good luck card that I made and will be sending it out to my sister-in-law. I wanted to send her some good luck wishes.

Before I get to the details of my card, I wanted to enter this card to the following challenges: Lawnscaping Dots and Stripes, Sparkle and Shine Photo Inspiration, Monday Morning Think Spring, and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Just A Hint Of Clover.

   


To begin the card, I punched out a whole bunch of shamrocks and adhered them to the card base. I die cut a green patterned paper using one of the Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle dies and created the little hill using a portion of the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders die. I stamped my sentiment with black pigment ink and black heat embossed. I mounted that to my card base using foam dimensional adhesives.


For my four-leaf clover, I used the tiny hearts from Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card and a small heart punch. To create my stem, I ran the other half of the unused green patterned paper with the Stitched Hillside Border die through the Big Shot Machine and cut along the stitched line. The hearts and stem was also mounted using the foam dimensional adhesives. And lastly, I added some sequins and an embroidery thread as a finishing touch.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and hopefully made you excited for Spring! Thanks again for stopping by and see you soon!

Supplies Used:
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah – Solar White; Bo Bunny – Sweet Pear Dot; The Paper Studio - Green
Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Sincere Salutations
Inks: VersaFine – Onyx Black
Others: Tombow – Mono Adhesive; The Paper Studio – Foam Square Dimensional Adhesives; Thermo-Web Zots - Glue Dots; American Crafts - Black Embossing Powders; Lawn Fawn – Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables, Stitched Hillside Borders, and Stitched Journaling Card; Artful Minds - Sequins; Shamrock and Heart Punches; Green Embroidery Thread

26 comments:

  1. All the white shamrocks in the background look like embossing! VERY creative and cute. Love the polka dot "hill" and those sequins too. Fantastic card!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative that you pieced the clover together from hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ka this is so sweett i love the scene you made and all in green swweeet card you made love that dots paper really and nice sequin in green too.hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet way to incorporate both challenge, I love the embossing on they background, and the little sparkle. Lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! It's so beautiful.
    I have been looking through your stuff again...love what I see.
    Thanks for stopping by by blog again, so happy to see you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how some months just tend to be full of birthdays... Love your good luck card, your tone on tone background clover is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well this design would certainly bring good luck to anyone. Super cute.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card! I know it will lift her spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ka!
    You have no idea how happy you made me with your wonderful comment on my blog. I'm so grateful and thankful about it and about the fact you like my style so much - I need to post your comment on my FB wall - it was like finding a great treasure when I read it!
    Thank you!
    And have to admit, now that I came to your blog, your style is so fresh, so elegant and amazing. Keep on doing like that <3 I will come visiting here again <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful!
    Fun how you combined those two challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love the green colors :) And the little sparkle the green sequins give :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How absolutely adorable!! I love the background with the little white shamrocks! Very cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card! I love the shamrocks! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea to use a St.Patrick's day image for an encouragement card. I thought at first that you embossed the background. That was very clever to use punches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How adorable and clever is this card? I LOVE the fun shamrock background with the white on white. I also really like the fun way you added the hearts into the shamrock. I never thought of using shamrocks for a good luck card. That is so out of the box. Fabulous, fabulous design.

    I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such lovely comments. I added you to my bloglovin' feed so i won't miss any of your beautiful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOOOh, I love your idea for adhering all those shamrocks to the base - I might just have to borrow that one. ;) Your sister in law is sure to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely gorgeous Ka!! I love the clovers in the background!! You are such a clever crafter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely Card :) Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving comments.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely... you can't have enough good luck. I like the clovers in the bg...clever way to add texture.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how you made the shamrock with punces and great embossed background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. You could have totally fool me and tell me that you used shamrock embossing folder for the background, What a clever idea to adhere punch-outs to create sort of embossing-like background. I like how the 4 leaf clover turned out as well and those sequins are a perfect finishing touch. Beautiful!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the white on white shamrocks in the background, adds some great texture/interest!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just darling! LOVE the white shamrocks on the background - such a fun and subtle texture! Thanks so much for playing along with Sparkle and Shine's first challenge!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just ADORABLE! I love how you incorporated the dots into the St. Patty's Day card! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the embossed image and details! Such a great card. Thank you so much for playing along with S&S challenge!

    Nicole Picadura - Sparkle & Shine DT
    scrapsandstamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful card design. And fabulous color combo!
    Thanks so much for playing along in my Monday Morning challenge this month, so sorry it took me so long to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥