Pages

3.15.2015

Mama Elephant In My Heart: Happy Birthday Shaker Card

Hello! I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday. I finally feel like it's starting to look a lot more like Spring here in Wisconsin. Now that the majority of the snow has melted, I've been inspired to make a Spring birthday card.

For today's card, I made a cute shaker card featuring the adorable girl from Mama Elephant "In My Heart" stamp set. This is actually my first time making a shaker card. It was pretty fun! I wanted to make this a no-bulk shaker and postal friendly card because it will be traveling all the way to the Netherlands where my niece live.


To begin the shaker card, I stamped the cute girl in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Neenah Solar White cardstock. Then I created a grassy hill for her to stand on. I colored the image using Copic Markers and fussy cut the image. Then I created a sunny background by blending Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade distress inks. I then stamped Happy Birthday in Jet Black StazOn ink on the blended background and set it aside to dry.

To create my no bulk shaker card, I used the second largest die from Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies set and ran it with a cardstock through the Big Shot machine. This created a window on the cardstock. Then I used a strong adhesive tape and adhered a piece of transparency film behind the window. I poured different sizes and colors of sequins onto my transparency film and sealed it with the dried blended background using the same strong adhesive. This created the shaker element. I found that the sequins doesn't move around as much, but it still shakes.


To finish my card, I framed the window with a polka dot paper and die-cut two clouds from Mama Elephant Stitched Sky dies. I adhered all the pieces to the window. After everything was adhered, I noticed that the sentiment "Happy Birthday" kept getting covered by the sequins. So then, I decided to stamp the sentiment again on the exact same spot using my Stamp-a-ma-jig as a guide.

And that wrap up my shaker card for today. I do love how the card came out, but I think next time I will try the bulk shaker version. Thanks so much for popping in and looking at my card. I hope you'll have a wonderful week!

Supplies Used:
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah - Solar White; American Crafts - Amy Tangerine Yes Please Collection; DCWV - Perf; Apollo - Transparency Film
Stamps: Mama Elephant - In My Heart; Studio G - Happy Birthday
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; StazOn - Jet Black; Tim Holtz Distress - Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade
Others: Recollection - Double Side Sticky Tape; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Mama Elephant - Stitched Sky Die Set; Ranger - Mini Foam Applicator; Martha Stewart - Sterling glitter; Artful Minds - Blue Sequins; Tree House Studio - Holographic Sequins; Copics; Craft Knife

21 comments:

  1. What a fun shaker card! Your niece will love it! That little girl looks so happy among all the confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie pie shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, and it is exactly how I feel with this wonderful spring weather we've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooow I love your shaker card it's fun ans full of "spring" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this is adorable, every time I visit this blog, I get a pleasant surprise! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done an amazing job with your first ever shaker card my friend!! LOVE this with your sprinkles inside!! Looks like rain for sure with this cutie!! Love the stitched clouds too!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh soo cuute Ka...
    the coloring little girl really like in a comic so perfect and that clouds and that shaker inside like a little colorful rainy for her
    clever Shaker card and I love your design Ka
    Cute cute cute
    luv this
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am new follower Ka but I put already your name on my left side bar then I can always visiting you if you have a new post...hope you like it :) and happy spring for you in Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh this is so pretty and sparkley! What a great idea to use that sweet image in a shaker card.
    My parents are from WI. We went to WI about every summer when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm following you with Bloglovin,because the other way keeps asking for my PW and I'm already singed in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute shaker Ka! Love all the shimmery dots inside the shaker! The image is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shaker card design it just wonderful Ka.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job with your first shaker! Your niece will love this darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute shaker card! I like the hexagon sequins in it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adorable shaker card! It looks like the little girl is throwing the confetti in the air! Too cute! So glad you are having spring weather! We are too in Missouri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet! The little girl really does look like she just threw all that fun confetti into the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful cute shaker card Ka. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute card Ka, your layered sentiment is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fun and festive shaker! Love that little girl and the scene you created for her!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute!! Love that you made a flatter version of a shaker card. I try to do this because I try to avoid the pop up part as much as possible-at least on a shaker. Your background is amazing and I love that little girl. The scene you made is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Qué mona la tarjeta es super divertida, y es que la shaker card, siempre es un acierto.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥