Pages

4.24.2015

Cards Using Patterned Papers Scraps

Hello there! Happy Friday! A few of you were curious about how I was able to complete 14 cards in one day, so I thought I share how I did it. Just so you know, I'm usually a slow crafter, especially if there's stamping involve. So, don't go thinking that I'm fast, okay? :) On this particular day, I woke up at 7:30 a.m., ate breakfast and went straight to the craft room. I actually forgot to eat lunch. I was so into it that I didn't remember to eat until my husband mentioned dinner around 4:00. After dinner and washing dishes, I went back upstairs to do some serious crafting. I actually didn't go to sleep until 1:30ish a.m. So, yeah, I pretty much locked myself in my craft room all day on Saturday.

Anyway, during my marathon of cardmaking session I was able to do some fast crafting by:
  1. Skipping a lot of stamping. I only use some stamping for my sentiments and a couple of backgrounds.
  2. Selecting manufacture embellishments that were premade or embellishments that I made for a previous project and ended up not using it. Also, the embellishments are from the same collection as the patterned papers scraps so they coordinates.
  3. Doing a lot of die-cutting which makes it so much easier and faster. (No fussy cutting, baby!)
  4. Following sketches with simple layouts.
  5. Using only patterned papers from the same collection, so, therefore I didn't have to do a lot of guesswork to find which papers will coordinate.
The following cards uses the American Crafts Dear Lizzy Enchanted Collection scraps pile. Here's the first card:


I did a little background stamping here using the chevron background stamp from Lawn Fawn. I also stamped the sentiment and then heat embossed using blue metallic embossing powder. The butterfly and ribbon was part of an embellishment pack that came with the collection.



Here's another card:


The blue panel has some stamping on it. I salvaged this piece from a failed project. I spent so much time stamping and aligning those arrows for my other project, why throw it away if you could use it for another project, right? And, the front panel is actually a piece that I planned to use for a scrapbook page, but ended up using something else instead. The image and sentiment are rub-ons. I randomly added some clear gemstones and colored the stitched edge using my RV25 copic marker. I used the chisel end to do this.

And lastly, a Mother's Day card.


I used Lawn Fawn Milo’s ABC’s to spell out my sentiment and heat embossed with the same embossing powder as the first card. I secured the vellum with heart brads. Behind the leather flower embellishment is actually a doily that I cut out from. I kept the inner circle and threw away the lacy part. I used a pink pen and faux stitched around the flower. The flower was pop up with foam dimensional adhesives.


I like to continue to show you more, but I'm running out of time. I have to go to work now. I have a wedding this weekend, but first thing Monday, I will be back to show you some more of my patterned papers scraps cards.

Thank you all for stopping in and have a wonderful weekend friends!

12 comments:

  1. These are all so beautiful! I especially love the second one, those colors are just simply stunning and love the butterfly rub-on. Great job making so many cards in one day! I forget to eat lunch too sometimes when I am in the middle of card making when home alone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, 14 in one day, girl?! That's crazy! And they're all so beautiful too! I find that if I make more than two cards a day, I tend to like them less haha.
    All the cards are so sweet, but I just love that first one! I feel like I haven't used a butterfly on a card recently, but I have. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--you did your own crop! Lovely cards, so you must have enjoyed it! The blue embossing powder is such a beautiful shade & I love the stamped backgrounds. You might want to enter at Pixies Snippets Playground http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/04/pixies-snippets-playground-week-173.html Have a wonderful weekend, Ka--weddings are always such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great used to all your lovely DP Ka
    the last one I love how you sewing the leather flower and love the idea to cut the doily..great faux stitching too second card love the color combo so dramatic pink blue and green adorable butterfly too you have the first card I love that DP so adorable and so summery
    Love all them your card always have a different idea and great vocal point..great post Ka..
    see you soon my Blog miss your encouragement Ka..
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are just lovely! So much attention to detail and your workmanship is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your cards are so pretty! And I really enjoyed reading your tips! Like you, I'm also a slow crafters.. so your tips will definitely help when I need to make a larger batch of cards. Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love them all!! You did a lovely job with your scraps!! Love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are so lovely!!! You rocked with using your scraps and things you decided not to use on a different project. I over stamp things so I can do this myself. Thank you for all your tips!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say that I really love all of the inspiration from your design style using the scraps like you've done on all of these!! I especially love the metallic embossing! The second one with the arrow background is so creative and fun!! The last card with the stitching and design is fabulous as well!! Each one is so unique and stylish!! :) Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really playing catch up after being in and out last week. ALL of these are so lovely too! Love the background papers you created with stamps.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fantabulous, makes me want to craft.... shame I'm heading off to work too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been looking at all your work Ka...I must say you do awesome work :-)

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥