Anyway, during my marathon of cardmaking session I was able to do some fast crafting by:
- Skipping a lot of stamping. I only use some stamping for my sentiments and a couple of backgrounds.
- Selecting manufacture embellishments that were premade or embellishments that I made for a previous project and ended up not using it. Also, the embellishments are from the same collection as the patterned papers scraps so they coordinates.
- Doing a lot of die-cutting which makes it so much easier and faster. (No fussy cutting, baby!)
- Following sketches with simple layouts.
- Using only patterned papers from the same collection, so, therefore I didn't have to do a lot of guesswork to find which papers will coordinate.
I did a little background stamping here using the chevron background stamp from Lawn Fawn. I also stamped the sentiment and then heat embossed using blue metallic embossing powder. The butterfly and ribbon was part of an embellishment pack that came with the collection.
Here's another card:
The blue panel has some stamping on it. I salvaged this piece from a failed project. I spent so much time stamping and aligning those arrows for my other project, why throw it away if you could use it for another project, right? And, the front panel is actually a piece that I planned to use for a scrapbook page, but ended up using something else instead. The image and sentiment are rub-ons. I randomly added some clear gemstones and colored the stitched edge using my RV25 copic marker. I used the chisel end to do this.
And lastly, a Mother's Day card.
I used Lawn Fawn Milo’s ABC’s to spell out my sentiment and heat embossed with the same embossing powder as the first card. I secured the vellum with heart brads. Behind the leather flower embellishment is actually a doily that I cut out from. I kept the inner circle and threw away the lacy part. I used a pink pen and faux stitched around the flower. The flower was pop up with foam dimensional adhesives.
I like to continue to show you more, but I'm running out of time. I have to go to work now. I have a wedding this weekend, but first thing Monday, I will be back to show you some more of my patterned papers scraps cards.
Thank you all for stopping in and have a wonderful weekend friends!