Pages

4.27.2015

More Cards Using Scrap Goodies

Hello crafty friends! Today I am showing a few more of my favorite cards using leftover scrap goodies from a collection called Enchanted by American Crafts and Dear Lizzy. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I made them.


This first card used the same design concept as the first card on Friday's blog post. The sentiment is rub-ons. I just love putting my rub-ons to good use. :) The blue birds are actually from a retired Stampin' Up! set called Eastern Influences. I thought it makes sense to include these two birds on the main panel given that the sentiment included the word "bird" in it.


For this card, I used a flower sticker sheet and a leather tea embellishment for my focal panel. The photographs didn't do a good job capturing the shiny part of the card, but the flowers on the sticker sheet have some glitters on them with a coat of glossy accents. The background was created using some green floral pattern washi tape. I just eye-balled where the tape is going to go and taped it across the card base panel as straight as possible. Then I covered the ugly part where the tape was ripped with a green frame.


This last card is one of my absolute favorite card from this collection.



I LOVE this floral glitter paper from the collection so much. It's those type of glitter papers where the glitter doesn't rub off. Anyway, I die-cut the glitter paper with a heart and attached my sentiment and butterfly. The sentiment is heat embossed with blue metallic embossing powder. Then, I added some sparkling clear sequins as a finishing touch.

I hope you were inspired by today's cards. I hope you'll want to go and dig through your pile of patterned papers scraps and put them to use. I'll see you back here soon. Have a wonderful week!

15 comments:

  1. Ka I am in awe of your ability to come up with so many wonderful cards in one day. When I decided to move into card making rather than scrapbooking I culled a lot of my scrap supplies but you have made me wonder if I should have given them some of my precious space! I still have a few things and I have a lot of DP still so maybe I need to have a marathon too.
    I love how every card is different and those rub ons look fabulous.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll!! All of your cards are absolutely gorgeous!

    I hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly are rocking out your scraps of paper Ka!! The colors look so bright and beautiful on all of these designs!! I don't think I could pick a fave as you've done an amazing job on all of them!! I especially love the tag idea, but the heart with the butterfly on the last one just really grabbed me!! Gorgeous makes!! Thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ka! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I had to come over and check out your blog in return. So I'm super happy to see your wonderful tea creations as well. You've got great style! I'm born and raised Wisconsin, living in NC now though..small world :) I'm a new follower of yours now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You blew me away today, Ka! Each card is so wonderfully designed--love them all! I have trouble using pp & rub-ons & Washi--you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, i can't believe, you've using scraps! You are doing a wonderful job, your cards are flawless! In particular I love the die cut cup, that card is so amazing! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have really been busy - and they're all just beautiful! I never think to use the rub-ons or stickers. Thanks for the inspiration. I love that first card and the birds are a perfect addition to the sentiment. The glitter paper on that last one is so shiny and beautiful! Great cards!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing a great job of using up scraps! I seem to never actually use up a pad of paper! I really like your leather embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ka-what wonderful cards!! I like that you used rub ons, stickers and LEATHER on your cards. So out of the box. I LOVE the last card the best too. That glitter paper ROCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray--you're one of the SSS Blog Hop winners!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! Love the different types of texture you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards!! Love what you created with scraps! I adore the glittery heart in the last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am totally impressed that you knocked all these out with scraps. They are perfectly balanced and look like you pulled out all the stuff just to make them that way to begin with.

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥