Pages

4.21.2015

Newton's Nook Designs Stamps

Hello friends! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I sure did! I mentioned in my previous post that I would be spending this past Saturday tackling my pile of patterned papers scraps...and that I did! I made 14 cards using only patterned papers scraps, old embellishments, and cardstocks. I didn't do a whole lot of stamping to those cards, but that's okay. I'm just happy that I was able to cut down on some of those patterned papers scraps and hoarded embellishments. I will be sharing some of my favorites with you in the next couple of days, but today, I wanted to focus on something else.


On Saturday while I was up in my room crafting away, my husband brought me a happy mail package. It was my free Newton's Nook Designs stamp sets that I won two weeks ago from Ana's Instagram Contest. Also, I just recently found out that I won another set from Newton's Nook April release too! Excited for that to arrive! I hope my winning streaks continue! Just kidding. I can't be selfish. Anyway, I've heard of Newton's Nook but had never ordered or used their stamps before until now. I did a little research on Newton's Nook company after I won the contest and to my surprise found out that they are located in the Southern Wisconsin area where I'm also from! They're only about an hour and a half drive from where I am. I'm just excited to see a stamp company so close to me! :)

Here's a couple of cards I created using the sets that I won:


This first set is called Versatile Vases and it has a lot of different flowers and vases with cute sentiments. I think it's the perfect set for Mother's Day card too.


I used Simon Says Stamp Large Tag die to create my frame and stamped Hero Arts Envelope Patterned background stamp on the frame and window. I added a cream bow on top of the frame for a little bit more pizzazz.


This second set is called Newton's Birthday Bash. I kept this card pretty simple. I went with the banner color scheme for my card. I die cut some scalloped strips for Arrow, who is my MIL & FIL cat to sit on. The box of presents was paper pieced and I used Ranger white enamel dots on the yellow ribbon.

I absolutely am excited about this stamp company. I love a lot of their stamps images and know for sure that I will be adding a few more of their stamps set to my collection. I encourage you to check them out too, if you haven't already done so. Thanks for stopping by and see you again soon!

24 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congrats on your win!! WOW!! I just adore the Newton's Nook and especially the new doxie set! :)

    Both of these creations are adorable!! I love that pretty floral image and your kitty is super cute with the paper pieced packages!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your designs are just adorable Ka.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Congratulations on your win. I do not have any Newton's Nook stamps but have eyed them myself. LOVE your cards. Did you fussy cut that floral image? If so, you are a master. That looks fabulous. The second card is adorable with that little kitty. Great, great card designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I love the cute kitty and the fun banners! How fun to have a good mail day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your wins. Always fun to receive free crafty goodies.

    Your cards are super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats on your wins and such awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! you did a super job with those scraps and embellishments, So happy for you Newton's Nooks are such cute stamps! I why not I hope your winning streak continues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your winnings! Wow! I adore the two cards that you created! I love Newton's Nook stamps! They are so cute and fun! Lucky you to be so close to them! I would have to visit for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous pair of cards Ka. The kitty card is just really cute and the flower one is so pretty. Congratulations on your lucky streak. I have heard of Newton's Nook but haven't tried any of their stamps yet but you have whetted my appetite.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure were were lucky. Congrats on your wins. :D The cards you made with the new sets are very beautiful.
    Also, well done for puttion those scraps and old embellishments to use.
    have a wonderful day!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the soft yellow on the flowers in combination with the purple background :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you lucky thing! Congrats on your fab win... those stamps are amazing. And you've done them justice. Such cute makes, Ka!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  13. 14 cards? That's awesome - super productive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I'm so jealous, you made 14 patterned paper cards... I think I need to do just that (considering I could probably make at least 114 with paper to spare and I have two more paper pads flying my way.. oops) I only have one set of NN, but they are totally adorable and I love your cards that you created with them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boy did you make good use of your winnings, Ka! How fun to get stuff from a local company!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Awesome prizes! Both of your cards are absolutely adorable and I can't wait to see what you create with your next Newton's Nook stamp set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both your cards are soo very cute!! Love Newton's Nook, their sets are the cutest can't wait to see what else you do with them! & to see all the cards you made with your stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. have fun with your new goodies, I love the creations you have made :) awesome :) !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hooray for Happy Mail! What adorable cards you created! I often have 'writer's block' when new stuff comes, like there are too many ideas and I can't settle in on one, but obviously you don't have that problem, these are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, now that is some IMPRESSIVE fussy cutting! Such sweet cards! And aren't free stamps the best? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. congrats on your wins you have sweeett stamp set from Newtons Nook and surprise it is your neighbour I was winning at Friday Mashup and got the same package I mean with that doily and the twine like this...and I was soo happy too they stamp so cute right
    now about your card
    I love the purple simple flower card love that ribbon Ka adorable design...if it is for your mom she will be so happy...its a great card did you fussy cut woowww its so tidy you are great at cutting Ka...
    the second card too cute for Words, love that cat with his gift and great banner add too...lovely design again Ka
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  22. How exciting that you won these stamp sets from Newtons Nook..looks like you've put them to great use already. And I love how you're using all your pieces and collected embellishments..so smart rather than leave them in boxes and bins (as I am guilty of). Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your win for all the Newton Nook goodies! I LOVE their stamps! They're all so cute - and speaking of cute, your card using little Newton is precious! Love those banners. In fact, I just love all your cards!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the card with the flower vase! It looks beautiful. I too have never used any newtons nook stamps, but now I may have to :P

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥