Pages

4.14.2015

Cards Using Scrap Goodies

Hello! Popping in to share a couple of cards. Last night I attempted to make a dent in my pile of scrap papers. I failed miserably at that because it looks like I haven't even touch it. Lol! Of course, I needed to make more than just a couple of cards to see that scrap pile disappear. :)


I created the custom sentiment using Lawn Fawn Milo ABCs on a vellum banner. Oh, and thanks to everyone who shared their tips on stamping on vellum. I tried a few of the tips and found that I like the Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink with the black/clear heat embossing. The image is just so crisp. I love it! So thank you!


Just wanted to share the detail of this felt strawberry embellishment. I've held on to this embellishment (and many others) for several years because I planned to use it in my scrapbook page, but the page that I wanted to use it for never happen. For example, go strawberry picking or eating a delicious strawberry. Lol! I have many, many photos opportunities when it comes to eating those strawberries, but either I was enjoying it too much or the idea of taking a picture didn't cross my mind. So, my scrapbooking motto for old supplies from now on is if I haven't already use it, I never will, so just use it already! Lol! Do you, too, have supplies that you’re saving for the perfect project? Tell me I'm not alone!


I usually try to make cards with a recipient in mind, but because I was feeling inspired by this little felt birdie, I decided to make it an exception. I also love the "Spring has Sprung" patterned paper and wanted to pair it together. Now, I actually don't know anyone who is having a baby in the Spring, but I hope I can give it to someone who does know someone who is having a baby in the Spring or found out that they're pregnant in the Spring.


This is also one of those “saved” embellishment. I actually have pictures for this one, but I never printed the pictures. I probably never will. I guessed it’s not that important. Usually if an event is important to me or my husband or family members, I usually print the pictures right away and scrapbook it.

That is all I have for you today. I plan to have a marathon of card-making session using some more of my scrap papers and embellishments this Saturday. So, I'll have more to share then. Have a wonderful week!

24 comments:

  1. these card are soo lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are absolutely adorable! I absolutely LOVE how you incorporated felt! I've never used felt on my projects before, but I just love the look. I hope you have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are so adorable! Both so bright and cheery! And no, you are not the only one who saves bits for a future project in mind but never gets around to doing it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for using those sweet felt pieces! They are too cute to stay in the stash! Both of your cards are simply adorable! My scraps seem only to multiply the more I use them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your designs are super cute and colorful.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your cards are soo very cute!! I love the felt! Looks amazing! Your not alone on having a stash of scrap papers! Mine is getting a little high these days. Can't wait to see what else you make with your pile! Have a lovely week!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! I really love that first one with the felt strawberry and stitching, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are wonderful! Love the little strawberry. I'll have to remember to use that ink of vellum too. Also love the birdie card! Precious.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable cards. Ka. Love the felt embellishment. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are absolutely adorable! I love the little felt embellishments! So sweet! You're not alone. I have years worth of stuff I was saving because it was too pretty to use! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The felt looks beautiful! Love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ka, I just LOVE your use of the felt pieces!! I know what you mean about scrap papers...I NEVER use enough of them and it's hard to chop the pile down!! LOL!! I had given up on my older stash and threw some thing out! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww! Oh my gosh! these are so cute! those felt die cuts are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely pair of cards Ka and the little bird one is especially cute. You rang bells for me about all the stockpiled embellishments and papers that never get used. I have so many papers and rarely use more than a little strip. I just have to stop buying more!!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the fact you've made these using your scraps! and those felt embellishments are just adorable. And you are not alone, I'm forever saving things and thinking, I will use that one day, and never get around to it :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are wonderful, Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love them both, totally sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such cute cards. I absolutely love working with felt. They add so much more interest to a card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such wonderful cards! Love those pretty felt embellishments! Great use of your scrap papers too. I have so many too, and although I haven't bought many new designer papers in the recent years, my stack of scraps never seems to get smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh. I love both of these cards. How fab x

    ReplyDelete
  21. How CUTE!! I love the fun felt embellishment. I like the stamping on the vellum on the first card. Love the fun layering on the second card. Great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ka
    I am sorry
    life was like roaller coster at my home
    now I visiting you
    I miss your visit too
    was your sister wedding succesfull I guess too..or is it not yet done...tell me dear...and I still wait your post..its not yet come...
    Now about your card cute birdie I loooveee it
    and you have great DP in brown I like it much and that strawbery with heart too cute for words...love your card design Ka...
    hope you are doing well and see you soon on my Blog
    big hugs,
    Monika
    Ka, do you want to join my Bday Linky Party?
    I will send you the link okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ka here is the link you can deleted if you dont want to show on comment section ;)

    http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2015/04/my-birthday-linky-party-open-until-30.html

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥