Pages

4.02.2015

Thank You Card Featuring Stamping Up!

Hello friends! April is officially here! I hope you'll find plenty of time this month to do crafting and yet still enjoy the beautiful weather. Yesterday I was able to get started on my Spring cleaning. I wanted to start a little early this year so I can actually enjoy the weather a bit more later. I have only made it as far as the dining room and sun room. So, you know what I'll be doing if I'm not crafting! :)

I made this card for Heidi, a friend that I met through the blog world. Some of you know her by Crafty Time 4 You. Heidi is such a sweet and inspirational person and I'm so lucky to be able to call her friend. She invited me to participate in the Crafty Friendship Blog Hop last month and so I was just grateful for that fun experience. Would you believe that something so small like opening an email inbox could fill a person with so much joy and happiness? Simple joy like this is what I cherish most. :) Thanks Heidi!


This card was inspired by the pictures from my Fujifilm Mini Instax Camera. I love this fun little camera. If you haven't got one yet, you should! This is a camera to have if you want to shoot for the fun of it. Since I love the instax film look, I wanted this card to have that. I wanted it to look like a pile of snap shots. For all three frames, I used Mama Elephant Insta Love Dies. The yellow "film" captured a little grateful sheep holding a heart. I think the "photograph" sums up what I truly felt. Grateful.


To give the sheep some texture, I used a dryer sheet. I simply stamp the sheep right onto the dryer sheet and fuzzy cut it. Then I just glued on top of my stamped image.  I learned this technique from my first Stampin' Up! demonstrator back in 2010. If you haven't already try this technique, you should! It's a fun way to add textures. I also added a little bit of glossy accents to the heart to make it a bit more interesting.


These tiny clouds are part of the Avery Elle Finished Frames Die-cut set. Don't they look like little sprinkles for cupcakes and donuts? They're just so tiny and cute. My first thought was to use them as a mask on my focal panel, but then I thought why would I even want to masked them. They already look so cool as is. Lol. Also, don't they look like embossing paste?

Well, that's it for today. I hope you enjoyed today's card. Thanks so much for looking and as always have a wonderful day!

Supplies Used:
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah - Solar White; Dear Lizzy Neapolitan 12x12 Paper Pack and Float Away Sheet; Heidi Swapp - Sugar Chic 12x12 Paper Pack and Serendipity 12x12 Paper Pack
Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Pun Fun
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Distressed Inks Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn
Others: Avery Elle - Finished Frames; Lawn Fawn - Mama Elephant - Insta Love Die; Large and Small Rectangle Stackables Dies; Pretty Pink Posh - 6MM Marshmallow Sequins; Treehouse Studio - 5MM Silver Sequins; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Therm-O-Web - Zots Glue Dots; Sakura - Quickie Glue Pen; Scotch - Permanent Glue Stick; Ranger - Glossy Accents; Copic Markers; Dryer Sheet

18 comments:

  1. Super fun card!! Totally loooove how you added texture to the little sheep! Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely loving the wool on the ewe and the fun play on the wording in the sentiment.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant I love the cute image and dryer sheet texture a fantastic idea and love the cute little clouds
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card, I'm sure Heidi will love it! And I would've never thought to use a dryer sheet, such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and cute! Love the way you used the dryer sheet for texture.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What wonderful texture you've given to that sheep!! Really adorable design!! Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my this is pure cuteness and I have never seen that dryer sheet technique before so thanks for sharing! Good luck with the new direction on your blog too.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Ohh soo cute!! I love that scene you created! And the texture on the sheep and the dimension in the clouds is just fantastic! Have a very Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Fab texture on the sheep, Ka. LOVE that idea.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how darling! Good for you starting the Spring cleaning. I always find an excuse not to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creative use of a dryer sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. woohooo that dryer sheet I never seen it in Germany
    it makes your image look so sooofttt I love it you made a sweeettt card Ka..
    love this one too...and I just bought sequin (silly me hehehe) and it looks like your white sequin...
    Hope you have a great day..and like to visiting me again Ka..
    miss you
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sheep is so beautiful! Love the idea with the dryer sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg this is tooo cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool idea to use the dryer sheet! I've never seen that before, but I'm definitely filing it away in my bag of tricks, this is such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is ADORABLE!! What a fabulous way to use a dryer sheet. I am going to have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dryer sheet is such a fabulous idea! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh, so clever a dryer sheet sheep, love love love everything about this card! ps had to pin it!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥