Pages

5.01.2015

Birthday Card Featuring Lawn Fawn Beep Boop Birthday

Hi there! Happy May 1st! I hope this month will be a good one for all of you! I know this month will be a busy month for me. With Mother's Day approaching and the amount of prep work to be done at work, I will be working super long hours. But, I promise I will keep sharing cards, as I've got a few finished ones sitting on my desk. :)

I don't have a Mother's Day card for you today, but I do have a boy birthday card to share. I made this birthday card for my nephew who is really into robots right now. I thought this Lawn Fawn Beep Boop Birthday set was perfect for him.


I paper pieced the robots bodies using patterned papers and colored the heads with a Copic marker. The robots were anchored using the hexagons border stamp from the Lawn Fawn set called Interlocking Backdrops. I did a little selective stamping by masking some of the hexagons. Then I went back and stamped the little washers that is included in the Beep Boop Birthday set. The little circle things on top of the washers are actually brads. I thought they added a really cool touch to the washers even though you can't really tell they are washers anymore. And, I also thought it be fun to do some paper piecing on the hexagons too.

I hope you enjoyed today's card! Thanks for popping in and have an awesome weekend!

26 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card and a perfect one for a little boy too!! :) Love the colors and your paper piecing on this!! My month is going to be just like yours as well! Enjoy your weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute card. I recently bought this set but haven't yet used it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute design Ka.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card Ka! Love it :-)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and great masking! Love those little bots - and the brads were a great touch!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I hope he likes the card.

    I haven't figured out how to completely prevent warping with heat embossing either. I think thicker cardstock helps, and if the design is not to thick (i.e., you don't have to keep the heat gun in the same place for as long). I also remember someone mentioning that they let their heat gun heat up for a couple minutes before using too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this is wonderful and funny card!!! It makes me laugh!!! :-) Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your visit to my blog and the lovely comment you left xxx
    This is just too cute! Adorable robots and I love how you added some washers into your hexagon border. Such a great detail.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card for a boy! Great colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH that is so fun and so cute!! I love the little robots and the hexagon border is so absolutely perfect to anchor them!! Perfect boy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable card! I am thinking for my son"s birthday! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute, cute - love those fun little robots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Ka, your card is so fun, love your design!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super fun boys card. Love all your paper piecing too.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just too cute!! Your paper piecing looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This would be the perfect little boys card!! Soo very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very creative & adorable! Bet your nephew loves this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Even though this month will be busy for you, I hope you will get some "you time". We celebrated Mother's day earlier in the year, so I don't have to make any card for my mum right now, but I like seeing the ones other make. That being said, it's nice to see something else for a change too. These adorable robots you used on your card made me smile. Awesome birthday card!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great! I love how you grounded the robots on the hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute! That patterned paper in the back is perfect, and I love how you colored/embellished the stamped border.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun is this card? Love the colors you used-great for a boy card!! Love the patterned paper you used for the background. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a fun card for a little boy. Great design, Ka.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super duper cute Robot...and you are great at making cute scene..wish I live near your home and we can play together you used my stamp and I borrow yours...you have sweet collections of cute stamp Ka..

    Big hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that, Monika! It would be so fun to stamp together!

      Delete
    2. I would love that, Monika! It would be so fun to stamp together!

      Delete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥