Pages

5.29.2015

Birthday Card Featuring Lawn Fawn Into The Woods

Hello crafty friends!

I can't believed that it's been two weeks since my last post. I've been meaning to pop in and share something, but life got in the way. So, I apologize for my brief absence.

Today, I have a birthday card to share. Last night, I needed to make a quick card for tonight neighbor's kid birthday party. I always thought that the little fox from Lawn Fawn Into The Woods set was perfect for little kids, whether it be birthday or baby's or other occasion. The fox is just so cute! The balloon is from Mama Elephant Good Times set. I know I overused this balloon quite a bit, but I have an obsession with polka dots and polka dots are just so much more fun! No? :)


This card had no real special technique involved, but I still very much love the little scene. I blended the background with distress inks and white heat embossed the clouds. My fox and birthday hat was colored with copics. I added glossy accents to the balloon. To finish off the card, I tied the balloon to the log by piercing little holes on the top and bottom of the log using a paper piercer. I decided to leave the card sentiment-free because it looks so nice as is and besides a two year old cannot read anyway. Lol!

That's all I have for today. Thanks to everyone who always stop by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate what you have to say, even if you're just saying Hi. :) Now I'm off to catch up on my blogs! Have a wonderful weekend!!

20 comments:

  1. What a cute and wonderful card! That little two year old is going to love it too. You have a polka dot balloon today and I have the polka dot sun! LOL! Love the little fox and the embossed clouds! A cute, cute, and fun card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely ADORABLE card!! I love how you've tied the balloon onto the log!! :) The background is done perfectly and the fox is so sweet!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making scenes too and this one is really too cute, the pops of yellow are perfect and anything with stripes or polkas makes my heart smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cute little scene you have created! The bright yellow stripes are so perfect to frame that adorable little fox!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable!! Love the scene you created-you rock at it!! I like how the balloon is tied to the log. Polka dots are my favorite!! Fabulous card design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is really cute!!! Love that fox!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so cute!!! I really like it. The volots are pretty together too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card is super cute Ka!! I love how you tied the balloon! it's perfect!! have an amazing week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute and I think as it has no sentiment, it would look beautiful, framed in the child's room!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment! I didn't think about framing the card. That would be so neat to frame the card and see it on the wall. :)

      Delete
  10. Hi what a super cute card,I love the fox image,and the colour combos are fab,thanks for popping over to my blog and your lovely comments,I've got a vw mad family be it the camper vans or beetles,I drive a modern beetle my self my husband renovated a beetle when we were first married,he was heart broken to sell it,but it was to impractical, when we started our family,crafty hugs Debbs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ka
    so cute again
    that cloud I love it much
    and cute balloon again and love the bright yellow on your card
    the scene you made again cute and sweeettt...
    I wanna say LOVE THIS CARD again
    Dont worry Ka I will always visiting you even late because I love your cute idea on your cards...
    do you work each day full time
    I can imagine how busy you are
    I only work half day but my two sons n houshold need my hand too
    sometimes I only make cards cause assignemant as DT member
    thats why you are clever you dont join DT member and can make card like you want ...
    hehehe (grinz)
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't think I have time to be on design team. Any free time is dedicated to making cards for my family and for the simple pleasure of it.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I don't think I have time to be on design team. Any free time is dedicated to making cards for my family and for the simple pleasure of it.

      Delete
  12. Super cute card! Love the adorable fox!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your neighbors child will love this Ka! Nice to be able to make a quick card that looks so wonderful , perfect for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet card, Ka! Love the white embossed clouds & darling fox!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pure sweetness! Love the softness in the sky and the perfectly colored fox with his balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Ka! This card is so lovely ♥
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is cute b-day card, Ka!!!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥