Pages

5.06.2015

Birthday Card Featuring Mama Elephant Love Quotes

Hello friends! I hope your week is going great so far! Mine is alright, just been really busy with work. I planned to write this post yesterday, but by the time I got home from work, I was pretty wiped out. I didn't even eat dinner. I just went straight to bed. But, today I was lucky enough to get out of work early and first thing I did was come here to write this post and share this fun birthday card I made for my cousin.


I am pretty obsessed with these birds. They're just so cute! I used Mama Elephant Good Times (balloons) and Love Quotes (birds) along with Lawn Fawn Milo ABCs (sentiment) and So Much To Say (hat) to make my birthday card. For the background panel, I blended Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers distress inks. I added some Wink of Stella on the hat, which the photograph did a poor job showing it, but it's there. It's real pretty with just a little bit of glitter. The sentiment was black heat embossed on teal cardstock. Everything was popped with foam dimensional adhesives.

I know there's a lot of fussy cutting involved with this card, but I think the end results is so worth it! And lately, I am finding that fussy cutting can be a little therapeutic for me especially when I am stressed from work. What about you? Well, I hope you like seeing today's card and enjoy this super short post. Thanks for stopping by and I will see you back here soon! Enjoy the rest of your week!

25 comments:

  1. The birds really are super cute and I like the blended background panel! You're pretty good at making/giving cards to people - I feel like I need to be better about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun little birds, fun balloons and a FUN and cute card!!! Love the sponging on the background. Great fussy cutting too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you love those birds. They are just adorable with their party hats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh my those little guys are soo soo cute! Love your background, you did a beautiful job! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun birthday card, I love those bright cheery birds and I know that your cousin will too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hihihi this card is so cute! You should join the Wednesday Simon Says Challenge with it ;)!!!

    ps. Thank you so much for the UBER SWEET comment on my blog!!! I loved reading it and I hope to see more of them lol ;.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness this card is so cute! You have such a delicate hand for cute and sweet crafting! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww this is just the cutest card! I love the three little birds holding their balloons! Great job on all of the fussy cutting too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those little penguins, they are so cute! Love that you made them fun colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an fabulous card, Ka! I am totally with you. I adore those sweet birds, too. I am definitely going to use them on a card soon. And quite probably with fussy-cutting. I'm with you in that it's pretty relaxing to do.

    For some reason, I keep thinking the birds are penguins. But seeing them colored in your lovely bright colors, I think they could be just about any kind of bird.

    Thank you for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh great card love the cute images and fab colours Debbs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a darling card, Ka! Love everything you did!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, those birds are adorable and I love the different colors, super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is totally adorable!! I love the different colored birds and those party hats-too cute!! Fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very sweet! Love the birds and balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow I just adore your penguins here in their different colors!! Really sweet and fun creation Ka!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, that is just gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is absolutely adorable!! And you did a FANTASTIC job fussy-cutting all of the images. I actually enjoy fussy-cutting as well. While I love my dies, and they're real time savers.. I still enjoy hand cutting and find it be therapeutic as well. Glad I'm not the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is adorable! I think fussy cutting is a stress reliever for sure especially when it results in something so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mama Elephant critters are so adorable... no exception here. Your card is so cute, Ka.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO thia is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So so sweeettt.luv your main image n clever made that balloon...I love your cute card Ka...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the bright colored penguins :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the variation in colour on the background. your fussy cutting is awesome too! fantastic card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥