Pages

6.15.2015

Birthday Card Set Featuring Mama Elephant Make A Wish

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend. Over here was raining almost all weekend. We did see the sun a little bit late afternoon on Sunday. Even though it was raining and yucky out, it was nice to stay in and get some crafting done. :)

I wanted to make a set of birthday cards to give to my sister-in-law as part of her birthday gift. Since I haven't play with Mama Elephant Make A Wish set in a long time, I decided to pull it out and play with it. I also decided to pair this set with Mama Elephant Trifecta set. I thought this set would give a nice geometric background to the bold birthday sentiment.


I started the card by stamping the outlined triangles from Trifecta using Mama Elephant Moonlight Pigment ink. Then I randomly went in and filled with different triangles in Mama Elephant Bubblegum, Pacific Blue, Orangeade, and Lemongrass inks. After the inks on the panel dried a bit, I ran it through my die-cut machine using the largest die from Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables.


Next, I stamped the large sentiment from Make A Wish and black heat embossed. The embossing didn't come out as bold and puffy as I wanted and it also have tiny little gaps in the letters like the photo above. I'm not sure why it's like that but, I'm guessing that either I didn't apply enough embossing powder or it could be that my VersaMark ink pad is running low. If anyone of you know or ran into similar problem, do let me know! Since I didn't want to throw away my perfectly stamped background, I decided to add another layer of embossing by re-stamping the sentiment and black heat embossing again. This time around, the sentiment finally have that black glossy finish look that I wanted. Also, all the gaps in the letters were covered or filled in by embossing the second time around. Yay! :)


Don't the embossing look so much better now? I finished the card off by adhering the panel to a A2 card base and scattering some sparkling clear sequins on the background panel.

I love how this set turned out! It's exactly how I visualized it! And I'm so glad I was able to solved my own problem. It would be such a waste if I had thrown away a perfectly stamped background. So glad I didn't! I really think my sister-in-law will absolutely love this card set as she always buys my cards and gives me praises for my work. And, I hope you enjoy today's set of birthday cards too! Wishing you all a wonderful week!

20 comments:

  1. Superb stamping and a fantastic graphic design, I'll bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your birthday card set! The graphic background and the colors are awesome! & is your embossing perfect! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun!! I love the fun triangles and the colors you used. Wonderful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been raining here a lot, we found two inches in our gage when we came back from vacation, and since we had two more inches! The embossing turned out perfect! I love the little stamped triangle. The whole card is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, no! I hope your garage is not too badly damage! That totally sucks! :(

      Delete
  5. it's like it's raining all over the world! here these are rainy days too!.. More time to cardmaking!! ihih! :)
    this set is beautiful Ka!! The background is perfect and the embossing turned out beautiful! Your sister will like this for sure! :) kisses


    ReplyDelete
  6. Your set is adorable..like Made by Fabrik but its your handmade..two thumbs up..lovd the CAS design you made too...great big sentiment you have..love this set..hugs.Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl: Go check this out cause you won!
    http://whimsystamps.blogspot.com/2015/06/whimsy-stamps-june-rubber-release-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terri for letting me know that I won. :)

      Delete
  8. This is REALLY stunning!! LOVE that triangle background with the embossed sentiment over top it!! I know your cards will be loved for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful trio of cards, beautifully styled. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your birthday card set!! Beautiful cards!! The embossed sentiment is fabulous!! I have not yet tried embossing. That's new to me.. TFS.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous design! Love the triangles in the background with the embossed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, Ka! I love the way the second embossing turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ka these are such fun and cheerful birthday designs.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the background you created and so glad you saved the embossing! It turned out perfect and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how this set turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great set of cards! Love how you used Trifecta!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE this set, Ka--fabulous design & colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your cards are very professional. I love this design and the sentiment turned out really cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥