Pages

6.18.2015

Birthday Wishes Card Featuring Mama Elephant Fair Feathers

Hello crafty friends!

I'm popping in to share a birthday card using the Mama Elephant Fair Feathers set. My mother-in-law asked me to make a birthday card for one of her friends. Since she didn't give me any specification, I decided to make something simple and really just play with Mama Elephant colors. I think they're such pretty colors.


I started the card by die-cutting a white panel using the Finished Frames Dies from Avery Elle. Then, I used post-it notes to mask all the sides where the little diagonal slits are. I, then stamped the solid feather in various Mama Elephant pigment inks all over the panel.

For the top layer, I die-cut a sheet of vellum using the same die as my background panel. Then the sentiment was stamped and black heat embossed. Next, the ink bottle was stamped into another sheet of cardstock & masked. I, then stamped the outlined feather right on top of my masked ink bottle. The inside was stamped with two different colors using two separate stamps that was included in the set. The feather image was fussy cut and adhered next to the sentiment. The card was finished off with some clear Wink of Stella glitter on the quill pen and with a gray baker's twine on top.

This card was super easy to make. I love how the background turned out. And, I hope my mother-in-law's friend will like it. :)

That is all for me today. I'm off to finish packing for my camping trip this weekend. We're leaving in a few hours so I better get off the computer. :) Thank you for stopping in and wishing you all a wonderful & safe weekend!

17 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the backgfround you created and how you muted it with the velum! Just perfect, Have a wonderful day Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely!! I love the different colors of your feathers, it's soft! So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! This is amazing! I love the way you did the background with the vellum! So soft and pretty! Really gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Ka!! I'm with you on the colors, they look amazing!! Really wonderful design and sending you wishes for a wonderful weekend trip! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those soft pastel colors! A beautiful, beautiful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I'm sure your mother-in-law will love this card! Have fun on your camping trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pretty pastel colours you used on this pretty card Ka.Have a great camping trip.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those pretty feathers and how you softened them with the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors & such a lovely, feminine card, Ka! The vellum overlay is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these colours are so soft and beautiful, lovin this design too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg this card is beautiful!! the background is amazing Ka!! The vellum gives a super pretty and soft/elegant touch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow!!! The colors are just so stunning, Ka. I love the softness of vellum and the two-tone on the quill at the card front. Just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that soft color background you made Ka
    and the add of that featers really fit on the design BG
    your MIL sure will love this much as I do
    happy weekend Ka and see you soon maybe on my post
    I miss you
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the soft effect the vellum gives!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I miss this? I was away during this time but I thought I went back and looked at all my favorite blogs to be sure that I got everything. Apparently I didn't. Anyway-I LOVE the vellum effect over the stamped background. I thought you stamped it that way with the soft colors and was going to ask where you got the pale ink. I then read the description. Anyway, this is STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous pastel colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like how the vellum softens the stamped feather background!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥