Pages

6.11.2015

Friendship Card Featuring Newton's Nook Versatile Vases

Update: This entry won the Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge "Inky Paws Favorites" title! :)


___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello crafty friends!

Today I have a friendship card using the Newton's Nook Versatile Vases set. I wanted to make a friendship card for a dear friend. She's been so wonderful in helping me with a lot of things. I pulled out this set because of the friendship sentiments. And, also because it's been a while since this set saw any ink, so it was really fun to take it out and play with it. The color came from Newton's Nook current Inky Paws color challenge - coral, peach, and mint. I think it's such a lovely color combo, don't you?


This card took me awhile to decide where to place the image and sentiment. So, after playing around with the layouts a bit, I finally have an idea of how I wanted it to look. I die-cut the cream card base using Mama Elephant Femme Frames. The mint cardstock was die-cut using the stitched rectangle die included in the Femme Frames set and the coral cardstock was die-cut using Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle stackable. I also die-cut a couple of circles using 2 sizes of pierced circle die-cuts from the Mama Elephant Sew Fancy Creative Cuts set. The cream circle was dry embossed with a polka dot embossing folder for a subtle texture.

I created my sentiment panel by first die-cutting a stitched rectangle, then I went back and die-cut again about 1/2" away from the 1st stitched line. Since the sentiment came stacked with some words on top and some on the bottom, I decided to cut the stamp in half. I really don't like to cut my stamps, but I think it saves me the trouble of having to do some selective stamping. I first stamped the first row that says "so glad I" and then stamped the second row that says, "picked you" next to it.


My flower pot and flowers were colored with Copics and fussy cut. I also cut a few "loose" flowers and curled them up using the round end of a pen to add some dimension. Then the "loose" flowers was adhered on top of some of the other flowers. The card was finished off with a black twine on top.

I absolutely love how this card turned out, even though it took me a little longer to figure out the layout. It was worth it! I hope you enjoy seeing this simple card today. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next time!

16 comments:

  1. Stunning take on the color combo Ka! Love the layout with the inlaid design and the dimensional flowers look amazing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Ka!! I seriously love that color combo! I love all your stitched borders too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love that color combo too and you've just used it to perfection. Love the little pot of flowers and your placement on it in the circle. I also hate cutting my sentiment stamps apart but sometimes I think we just have too. Love everything about your beautiful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous. I just love the colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I adore all
    the colors
    the tini pot and flowers
    the sketch on your card
    and so sweeeett bow you made
    Ka this is a sweet awesome card
    i will catch up tomorrow dear now it is 00:15 I will go sleep can not think good more haha
    tomorrow I try to see from my smartphone
    hugs, Monika (see you soon on my little blog Ka)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!!! I love the colors you used and the fun polka dots. Who doesn't love polka dots? That little pot of flowers just draws the eye right to it. Lovely design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I absolutely love all of the pretty layers and die cutting. And the dimension on the flowers is such a beautiful detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card! Love the flowers and the colors on this too, that mint is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Beautiful!! Adore he lovely colors and flowers!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just a beautiful card! I love the colors and all of those stitched dies look so wonderful together!! Lovely work!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so sweet Ka! Such a pretty combo of colours and die cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ka,this is so sweet for your friend! I love the the circle dies and your sweet blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love the colors and all the stitched layers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love the layout of this gorgeous card Ka! The colours go so well together and I love how you framed the flowers with the circle frames.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!! I missed out some great cards!!! I love this one a lot, great color combo super sweet flower-bucket!!!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, Ka! This is one of my all-time favorite cards! Wonderful colors & details!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥