Pages

6.08.2015

Masculine Birthday Card Featuring Lawn Fawn Year Five

Hello everyone!

I'm here to share a masculine birthday card I made for my brother-in-law. His birthday isn't for another couple of weeks, but I wanted to get it ready so I don't have to rush myself later on.

I adore this little otter from the Lawn Fawn Year Five set and think he's the perfect critter to use for masculine cards. I also love the punny sentiment included in this set! My brother-n-law would totally get a kick out of it! Lawn Fawn really did a fantastic job designing this tiny set!


I started my card by stamping the otter and present onto white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Since I haven't got the coordinating die, I fussy cut the images out. Then I colored in the images using Copic Markers. Those pieces were put in a little bowl on my desk because I tend to lose them. Haha! Here's a funny story: When I was die-cutting the circles, somehow, I lost the little present that the otter is holding. I cannot find it for the life of me! Lol! I think I spent 5 minutes or maybe even 10 minutes looking for the little present image. I got all frustrated! Then, my husband walked past my craft room and he circled back and asked me what I was doing under the table. I told him I lost the little present box. He looked down and pointed to my right sleeve and said, "you mean that?" I looked at my sleeve and there it was. The present box! It somehow attached itself to my sweater sleeve near my wrist. Haha!


The circles was die-cut in SSS Sea Glass and SSS Island Blue cardstocks. I created the waves using Lawn Fawn Stitched Scallop Border die. I also die-cut some tiny clouds from the Avery Elle Finished Frames dies set for the scene. Everything was assembled to the main circle panel and then the circle panel was adhered to the card base. I finished the card by stamping my sentiment in black ink and tying a red twine to the side.

I actually sketched out this design in my head on Saturday night while I waited in the car for my husband to get our videos from Family Video. I'm quite happy and love how it came out! Even though the design is very simple, I still very much love it!

That is all for me today! Thanks for stopping by and hope you all had a great start for the week!

14 comments:

  1. This is adorable Ka! Love those teeny tiny clouds! Cute,cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely CAS card Ka!! That otter is so cute! And i think that the sentiment would bee so fun if I could just guess the pun! uffi! sometimes i really don't understand some sentiments .. and i feel so embarrassed.. maybe you can help me! What does "Otterly" stand for?! oh and did you see the new Lawn Fawn release?! Those stamps are super cute.. but i'm still wondering about the "i'm so jelly" meaning.. ahah! Yeah..i think these puns are one of the most difficult part of the language!And i have to improve them! :)
    Oh and i always lost some little images!! ahah! it has to be so funny!! the classic embarassed scene when someone at first is little confused about what are you doing/searching on he floor! ahah!! :)
    You fussy cut the otter so well! I'm so bad at fussy cutting..! I wish i could have all the coordinate dies!! :)The design is perfect for a masculine card!:)
    kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francesca! I'm not very good at describing what a pun is so I am pasting the meaning of "Pun" from the dictionary. Pun is "a joke of the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings." So for my card, the sentiment is so supposed to say, "Have an utterly great birthday," but because "utterly" sounds like "otter" in the English language, they replaced the "utter" with "otter" to make it humorous. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

      Delete
  3. That's so funny about the 'lost' present! LOL! I've had similar things happen before and know the feeling exactly! Great fussy cutting and your card is simply delightful and fun! SO cute and he's going to love it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ka, I love the way you used Lawn Fawn, and how nice to have it all planed out in your head , ahead of time. Love it when you can do that! Darling card for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is absolutely adorable! Just love your adorable little scene and those little clouds are too cute. Thats so funny you thought of this card in the car. I get card ideas at random times and places too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute. I love the scene you've created and those itty bitty clouds are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very SWEET card Ka!! I love those waves and I completely understand about loosing tiny things!! :) And my hubby ends up finding them too!! LOL...glad it wasn't just me! I love those tiny clouds too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable!! I love the fun waves that you created and love the tiny clouds. Such awesome details on this card. Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute otter! Love the little clouds :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ack! Everytime I see a card with that otter I kick myself since I haven't inked him up yet! He is awfully awfully cute, and I just love the little scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Again..cute image n cute soft colors..I am loving this card too..sooo soo sweettt Ka...hugs
    Monika(I comment from smartphone sorry if many typpo)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one fabulous card, Ka! Glad I'm not the only one to loose a stamp when it's right there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beyond adorable, makes me smile :)!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥