Pages

7.01.2015

Baby Card Featuring Lawn Fawn Plus One

Hello crafty friends! Happy Canada Day!

Are you ready for July? I can't believed we're already halfway through 2015! Wow! Hopefully this other half of the year will be a tad slower. I still have so much to do! SO MUCH! :)

Anyway, I wanted to pop in and share a baby card I made and sent to a good friend who just found out she's pregnant! Well she knew for a while, but wanted to wait until the first trimester passed before announcing. I feel like everybody I know are having babies this year! Lol! Both my sisters are expecting and my baby sister just had her son and a couple of my friends became first time moms. It's just incredibly unbelievable (and amazing)! :)


For this card, I wanted to keep the focus mainly on the crane carrying the baby package image from the Lawn Fawn Plus One set. I created my focal panel by die-cutting 2 white circles. I used one to frame the focal image and the other to stamp the crane and package. Since the sex of the baby is not yet known, I decided to color the package with a orange copic marker. I think orange, in my opinion, is pretty gender-neutral. Then I used a white gel pen to create some patterned dots.

For the background, I sponged tumbled glass distress ink and randomly stamped the little outlined heart included in the set in SSS Sea Glass. I sponged a little green distress ink on the bottom of the focal panel to help continue the hill line.


For the clouds, I pulled apart little pieces of cotton to adhere to the hand-cut clouds. I thought doing this gave the card some nice textures and dimensions. The finished clouds was then popped with dimensional glue dots. I finished the card off by white heat embossing the sentiment on the bottom and tying a green baker's twine on top.

This was such a quick card to make and I absolutely love how it turned out! It was fun to pulled out the cotton balls and play with them like in elementary school. I hope you enjoyed today's card! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you'll have a good start to July!

20 comments:

  1. AWE! This is really adorable Ka!! LOVE those fluffy looking clouds!! Brilliant sketch design and fabulous colors too!! I think she will really like this!! Congrats! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous baby card Ka! Such a fun design and I love the fluffy clouds and how you continued the hill on the circle. They are going to love it.
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card Ka :D Thanks so much for your lovely comment.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fluffy clouds!!!
    I was pretty busy too, I think this is the first week I'm really back to blogging, so you probably didn't miss very much ;) I love seeing you again though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is soooo adorable! What a great way to frame the stork and it's wee little package! Those clouds are fabulous and really add great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet baby card! Love the puffy clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable!! You created a fantastic sky and I LOVE the fluffy clouds. Really beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The most fabulous clouds ever, I know this card will certainly be cherished by your lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! I love the gender neutral colors you used and the clouds are such a cute detail! Your friend will love this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card. I love the puffy clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! What a sweet card! So soft and delicate! Those clouds a re pretty!
    Have a great day Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is ohh soo sweet Kay!! Love, love those soft clouds! Everything about this card is so soft and pretty!! Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow--this is just a treasure, Ka! Love that you added cotton to the clouds--brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. clever way to make cloud
    clever way to make your hill
    and cuuute Image again you have
    I always love your cute scene card Ka
    this is really super duper cute baby card
    love this much Ka
    see you around
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. Your work is amazing as well and I am going to follow yours too. Such wonderful inspiration. Love what you did with the clouds on this cute baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, soooo cute! I like how you used orange - makes it perfect to pull out on short notice! And oh my gosh, the clouds were a stroke of genius! Next scenery card from me, I'm stealing that idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. another beauty I love the soft colours and baby sweet design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh this card is beautiful Ka!! And this new design of your blog is amazing!! Love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. so many beautiful projects! love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥