Pages

7.08.2015

Birthday Card Featuring Newton's Nook Designs Newton's Birthday Bash

Update: This card entry won the Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #22 Birthday Theme and claimed the title "Inky Paws Top Picks!"


______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Hi everyone!

Today I'm here to share a birthday card I made for Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge #22: Birthday Theme and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Furry Friends. I will be giving this card to a friend daughter's 6th birthday. The color palette came from the party d├ęcor that her mom will be using to decorate her party. It's pink/red with gray. I also included a cat in the birthday card because they have a family cat name Mia. She is just the cutest and sweetest little cat. I attempted to make the cat resemble Mia and I think I came pretty close. ;)


I started the card by stamping the cat from Newton's Birthday Bash set. I also stamped 4 balloons from Winston's Birthday set and another different balloon from Delightful Doxie set. These images were colored with Copic Markers and fussy cut.

I die-cut the scalloped frame in gray cardstock using Mama Elephant Femme Frames. All the stitched rectangles were die-cut using Lawn Fawn Large and Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables. I created a window frame on the white stitched panel using a smaller rectangle die. Then I black heat embossed all the strings from Winston's Birthday set onto the vellum sheet and adhered all the images to its place.


I assembled all the panels onto the card base. The sentiment was black heat embossed on a fishtail banner that I hand cut. I finished the card off with some glossy accents on the balloons and scattered some sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I hope you were inspired by today's card! Thanks again for stopping in! Wishing you all a fabulous day! And don't forget to check back this Friday for my special post for SpiegelMom Scraps 5th Anniversary Blog Hop Party! There will be a ton of inspirations, challenges, and of course, prizes!!!

Supplies Used:
Stamps - Newton's Nook Designs Newton's Birthday Bash, Winston's Birthday, and Delightful Doxies
Papers - Neenah Solar White Cardstock 80 lbs; Stampin' Up! Gray Cardstock; Studio Calico San Diego; and The Paper Studio Vellum 29 lbs
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers T2, T3, R20, R22; VersaMark
Others - Mama Elephant Femme Frames; Lawn Fawn Large and Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables; Ranger Glossy Accents; Tombow Mono Adhesives

20 comments:

  1. What a darling and fun card! Love the frame with the vellum and shiny balloons!! TOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sky scene with the balloons and that great cloud paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable, Ka! I love the color palette you chose. The gray really highlights the teal and the pink perfectly, and that shine on the balloons is fab! Awesome idea to soften the image with vellum, too. It adds a lovely touch.

    Happy birthday to your daughter! I hope she has a truly lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Ohh so cute and so much fun!! Love that kitty flying up with the balloons! The vellum on the background is the perfect touch. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness! This is absolutely precious! I love all the little balloons and can't think of a better way to celebrate a birthday. The clouds in the background just top it off too. SOOOO CUTE!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally cute balloons and cat!! I love the adorable background..so COOL!
    Super cute and fun card!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! She's one lucky little girl to receive this special card with her Mia on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ka, your b-day card is sweet! And your new profile photo is great! Have a happy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable card, I love all the details and little sparkle! have a wonderful day Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just too cute!! Love the colors and fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your design, Ka! The image is too cute, but you've really brought it to life with your different textures and that cloud paper! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Ka!! This is so super CUTE!! :) Love the glossy accents on the balloons and the sequins is perfect!! :) Adorable design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card! I just love all those shiny balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eeeek! SO so so cute, Ka!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Ka! This is so fun! I really love the color scheme you used and that you colored the kitty to look like their family cat! I'm sure they will love this card! Its also super cute how you combined the balloons from different sets - they go together so well! Thank you for getting inky with us at Newton's Nook Designs and linking up to our Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ka
    soooo cuuutee
    I cant tell with words
    I LUV THIS cute kitty with his balloon and the glossy accent really pop out the card
    great design and cute scene
    I ADORE THIS
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fun! Love the movement from the balloons/strings and the glossy accents!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This so adorable, Ka! Love the scene you've created, and that little cat is so cute! Congrats on the Newton's Nook win! :)

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥