Pages

7.06.2015

Fourth of July Inspired Card

Hello crafty friends!

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! I'm popping in to share a card that was inspired by the Sparkle and Shine Challenge blog. Their photo inspiration had a few windsocks in it and that's what really inspired me to create this card. I remembered as a kid, I would make windsocks for school projects and every once in a while just for the fun of it. They are such an easy and fun project to make. As a child, I remembered running on the soccer field, holding my windsock up high, and watching the ribbons move around. It was such a fun activity to do then and I'm sure it's still something fun for kids to do now!


I usually don't make or give 4th of July cards, so for today's card, I incorporated the color theme from the inspiration photo provided on their blog and created a congrats/celebrate-a-milestone type of card. I blended distress inks for the night sky and grass and used 3 different stamp sets to create this celebratory scene.


I paper pieced the kids from Mama Elephant In My Heart set and colored the faces with Copic Markers. And since I didn't have any windsock stamp, I decided to use the lantern from Mama Elephant Pandamonium set and tried to make it look like the windsocks in the photo inspiration. I attached some crochet threads on the bottom and popped the windsocks with foam dimensional adhesives.


I heat embossed the sentiment from Lawn Fawn Plus One stamp set in white embossing powder and randomly added some Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins on top. My husband thought the sequins are fireworks popping in the background, but I say it's confetti. But, however you see it is what it is. It doesn't matter to me. I just want it to be a festive scene in your eyes. ;-)

I hope you liked today's festive card! Thanks for stopping by and see you again soon!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh This is a great way to start my day with a beautiful and adorable card like this one! I love the theme, the background,and the adorable children! Awesome Ka, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so creative and FUN!! Love the twine for the fireworks and your sky looks amazing here!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's VERY festive and just so much fun - and CUTE! Loving those precious windsocks and your entire scene on this card. Precious! Yes, it brings back some fun memories too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I like the pretty sky and the cute outfits they have on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Your background is blended so perfectly and I love how you have added the layered panel on an angle, it adds even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! That background looks amazing, and how fun to re-purpose lantern stamps for windsocks! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic scene! I love your sky and those kids with their wonderful wind socks! They look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card and I love your ink blending for the sky and ground.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Love the scene you created and that fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ka this is just darling and so is your sweet memory. That background is just amazing! Love your new picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Festive & adorable, Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute celebration card and I love how created the wind socks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a darling card!! I love how you used the little ME kids to make a fourth of July card! You're so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh!! This is lovely!!1 Your background is stunning!! Love the colors your used to create your sky! Seriously gorgeous! & your scene is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun card! The background is gorgeous and I love how you created the wind socks - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really amazing, all the fuzzy cutting and the background looks so fab!! I love this one a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Ka
    that background soooo stunning
    I have to learn from you to make shadow like this
    I only use one distress ink look not so adorable like yours :(
    you did much fussy cut
    and the sentiment is perfect
    LOVEEE YOUR CUTE CARD Again Ka
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful inking and fussy cutting and I love the sequins.

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥