Pages

7.17.2015

Lawn Fawn Our Friendship Grows: Thank You Card

Hello crafty friends!

It's Friday! Woo-hoo! All day this week, I could not wait for Friday to arrive! It's not that I have any special plans for the weekend, but really I just wanted to rest my achy body and spend time with my Love. Work has been so hectic, so I am definitely going to rest and have myself a couple of lazy days! ;)


This afternoon while waiting for my Love to come home from work, I sat down to craft and made something for the current Sparkle and Shine Sketch Challenge, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Anything Goes and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Get In Shape. I think it is so much fun to combine challenges together especially if you're able to make them work! I decided to turned the sketch into a circle card. Could you see the sketch in the card below? I really hope so!


I started this Thank You card by die-cutting a blue cardstock using a large scallop circle die from Stampin' Up! Circle Collection. I also die-cut two circles, one in white cardstock and one in light blue cardstock. Next, I stamped the sunflowers, stems and leaves from Lawn Fawn Our Friendship Grows stamp set and colored them with Copic Markers. I then stamped the vase in the same color cardstock as the card base and fussy cut. I stamped the red heart to the right side of the vase and added glossy accents to the entire vase.


While I waited for the vase to dry, I stamped the sentiment included in the set and black heat embossed onto a green cardstock. I created a sentiment banner by snipping the ends off. I love giving the flowers some dimension by popping some of the petals up. I assembled everything to the card base and finished the card by adding some sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and some black enamel accents from Ranger.

I hope you enjoyed my shape card! I had so much fun designing this card especially trying to make the shape card work with the sketch. I really hope I interpreted it well. Thank so much for stopping in! Wishing you all a wonderful and restful weekend!

17 comments:

  1. This is just as cute as can be!! Love the dimension on your sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a restful, fun weekend, Ka! This card is darling--love the dimension of your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is my Friday and I'm feeling ya, I have no plans for my 'weekend' which always makes the best ones ever.. hoping to find just a little crafty time too (wink)! Your card is beautiful Ka, those sequins are add the perfect amount of detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling card! The dimension on the flowers is amazing!! Enjoy your restful weekend! I love it when I have no plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card!! The dimension on the flowers looks fantastic. Heave a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunflower is so so cuute
    and love that vase too
    great coloring Ka and nice add of the sequin
    did you really fussy cut that tiny flower petal
    wooohooo you did it soooo welllll Ka
    I cant do it
    I will cut but maybe still white are a there
    GREAT AND SIMPLE SWEET card Ka
    I ADORE THIS
    hugs and see you around
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love sunflowers! This is so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!!!!! Love how you popped up the flower petals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely charming card and I really like your original take on the sketch (yes-- I could still see the sketch and thought your interpretation of it was very clever)! This has such great details like the way you popped up the flower petals. So brilliant! I like how it has such a clean crisp look, yet is full of whimsy and happiness. The sequins add just the perfect bit of bling! I enjoyed reading about your creative process so much and am so glad you shared this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You've done such an amazing job with the details and dimension on your floral image!! I adore your card design!! So pretty!! There's nothing wrong with taking a couple of "lazy days" when you need one or two!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! Love the dimension you added to your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card! Love the design and the extra dimension on the petals, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fresh and happy card - lovely. Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Get In Shape Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! LOVE how you added dimension to the flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle and Shine!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ka, this is just fabulous! I absolutely love the dimension you created on your sunflowers! The shiny vase is so pretty and the colors are gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Sparkle and Shine! XX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the dimension you added with those fussy cut petals! Great detail!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥