Pages

7.20.2015

Mama Elephant Make A Wish: Birthday Cards Set

Update: This set of cards won the Mama Elephant Stamp With ME Rainbow Challenge "Honorable Mentions" title!


_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

Hope everyone had a wonderful and restful weekend! This weekend was one of the best weekends I had in a very long time! I pretty much did nothing, except a little crafting and watching a marathon of Game of Thrones. I was so happy to be able to relax and just chill with my husband.

I'm here today to share a set of birthday cards I made for my sister-n-law for her birthday in August. Last time I had so much fun creating a similar set using Mama Elephant Trifecta for the backgrounds. This time I decided to go for a rainbow of polka-dots backgrounds and changed up the sentiment color with a blue metallic embossing powder. I like both versions and they are so easy to mass produce!


I started by creating my backgrounds using a polka dots border stamp from Mama Elephant Basic Borders set. I stamped it in various Mama Elephant pigment inks. Then I die-cut the rainbow panel using a stitched rectangle from Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables die set. I also die-cut two sheets of vellum using the second largest die from the Large Stitched Rectangles Stackables dies also from Lawn Fawn. I stamped my sentiment using VersaMark and embossed it with Zing Blue Metallic embossing powder. I adhered everything to the kraft cardstock and finished the card with some sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.


Thank you again for stopping by and I hope you like today's set of birthday cards! Have a great week!!!

14 comments:

  1. Love your Birthday card set Ka!! The vellum on top of the rainbow of colors is SO very pretty!
    Glad you had such a good weekend!! Those our my favorite kind of weekends too!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty are these!! Love the polka dots in back and the vellum layer that softens the rainbow colors. What nice gift for your sister in law!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just beautiful! I love the embossing on the vellum! Wonderful set of cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous, I like the rainbow of polka dots in the background!! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I like that kind too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This set is amazing! Love how you created a rainbow background with the polka dots. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! These are really gorgeous!! Love the look that the vellum overlay gives to your design! The rainbow look in the background is perfect for birthdays too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had the best weekend, mine was crafty too but with a little cleaning thrown in for fun lol. These are fab cards Ka, the embossed sentiment on the vellum is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kind of weekend! So happy you enjoyed yours. Oh my gosh I love this set of cards you made Ka! Your sister is going to be so happy to have these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific set of cards, Ka! I really love the rainbow dots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous set of cards! I love big and bold sentiments! I also like the blue you chose for the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards! Love the embossed sentiment on the velum panel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how colorful these cards are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful set of cards! I'm sure your sister in law will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That embossing looks gorgeous! I always make a mess when I emboss with colored powders, yours is flawless!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥