Pages

7.24.2015

Mama Elephant Water Blooms: Make A Wish

Hello crafty friends!

I’m here today to share a floral birthday card I made for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: I Scream For... (I used IRIDESCENT sequins) and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Sparkle and Shine. I will be giving this card to my lovely sister because her birthday is this Sunday. We will be celebrating her birthday tonight actually because she is off to a wonderful secret getaway with her husband on her birthday. I tried to tailored this card for my sister. Her favorite color is lavender and she loves flowers. You should see her yard. She has beautiful flower beds! Also, she goes to the Chicago Botanical Garden every Spring and Summer in Glencoe, IL just to see all the flowers and plants there. I went there once with her, but I didn't enjoy it as much as her. Lol!


For my card today, I used the Mama Elephant Water Blooms set to create my floral background. I used various Mama Elephant pigment inks and black heat embossed the sentiment from Mama Elephant Make A Wish set. The vellum was die-cut using Mama Elephant Femme Frames. The card was finished off with some sparkling clear sequins and a couple of pink iridescent sequins.


I did the same stamping on the tag as I did on the card and used Lawn Fawn Violet's ABCs to spell out her name. Her name was black heat embossed. I left out the "to" and "from" on the tag because I thought she could reuse the tag as a bookmark later on. After uploading the photos here, I am feeling that this card looked a little more like a wedding card than a birthday card. What do you think? Regardless, I know my sister will love it as she is my #1 fan! :)


This card and tag came together pretty quickly and I had so much fun making it. Even though, I love to color critters and such, I think sometime it's fun to just stamp. I hope you enjoy today's projects! Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all a great weekend!

21 comments:

  1. This is oh SO pretty Ka!! I love the soft look with the vellum & the sequins really just make it look so feminine! It could definitely work for a wedding card it is a gorgeous birthday card!! I'm sure your sister will adore this.
    Have a good weekend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicate and pretty card. I really like the soft colors and the vellum with the scalloped edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be great for both occasions! I love the soft look of it. Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge. Cheers Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vellum is perfect, love the soft pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning!! I love the pretty inks you used and the vellum makes both the card and tag look so elegant!!! I also love the look of the sequins on the outside of the vellum.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting yesterday. Those photos of my daughter are when she was little. She is fourteen now and making my hair gray!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Ka!! I love the softeness of the vellum with the beautiful floral stamping. This is definitely a gorgeous birthday or wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful way to use the vellum and a gorgeous card and tag. Your sister will love this I know. Love the pretty flowers and the design you used.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adore those soft blooms with the bold sentiments! So striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So soft and pretty with such a dreamy feel! I love everything about this beautiful card and tag and I'm sure your sister will also. Hope she has a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg Ka this set is so elegant and pretty!! :) love the vellum, it makes everything perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a flower lover, too, and I know she will be delighted with her card! And it's a wonderful entry to our Sparkle and Shine challenge this week, too! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO gorgeous, Ka!! Love the soft vellum over the flowers - so pretty, and I think it will be perfect for your sister! And how clever to think that she could reuse the tag as a bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally lovely set, I love how you soft them even more with the vellum, very pretty and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful Ka and I bet your sister loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card and tag are gorgeous! I absolutely love the vellum layer, it gives such an elegant touch. I'm sure your sister loved them and I hope she had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so beautiful and elegant, Ka! Love the vellum overlay! I hope your sister had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love the vellum layers! Such a soft and sweet ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore this card, Ka--perfect for a birthday! Love using vellum like this & the flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Soft and lovely!! This is just dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks so soft and adorable Ka
    I use vellum but I have problem how to glue it and the front of not shown area where you put the glue
    do you have any idea Ka...
    I love that sequin add too...your sister will love this
    cool name only ZA and you only KA
    it has meaning of Za and Ka?
    I come from Indonesia my name has no meaning hehehe
    jump to your other post and I am sorry so late to commenting
    your facebook Update not come in to my Facebook page
    Hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥