Pages

7.28.2015

Newton's Nook Designs: Masculine Birthday


Hello crafty friends!

Popping in to share a masculine birthday card for the Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #23: Summer Lovin.' One of our favorite thing to do as a family in the summer is to go camping (both our families loves camping) and will meet one weekend of the summer at Devil's Lake State Park in south central Wisconsin. One of the activity the guys love to do there is fishing. I thought the bear from Newton's Nook Campfire Tails was the perfect image to use for one of the guys birthday. I brought in a fish image and a sentiment from another Newton's Nook stamp set called Winston's Birthday. I love how these two sets goes so well together! I think they make a great companion set!


For today's card, I started by stamping Winston's (the bear) on a white cardstock and colored him with Copic Markers. I replaced the fish image that was hanging from the fishing pole with a hook. I stamped the fish on another white cardstock, colored him with Copics and carefully fussy cut him out. I masked him with a post it notes and used distress inks to create the grass and sky. The sentiment was stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink and clear heat embossed. I die-cut a teal cardstock using Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card die and adhered my stamped image panel on top of it.


For the card base panel, I ran the card front with a honeycomb embossing folder and adhered a strip of red patterned paper to the middle. My focal panel was popped with foam dimensional adhesives. I added some clear Wink of Stella glitter to the bow on the fish as my last final touch on the card front.


I usually leave the inside of my cards blank, but since the sentiment on the front has a companion sentiment that goes with it, it only makes perfect sense to include it on the inside. And, it would be so much fun for the recipient to open and read the fun greeting instead of my own message. I also decided to include a little sparkly chocolate cupcake on the inside too. The cupcake was also colored with Copic Markers.

I really love how this masculine design came out! And I had a fun time coloring Winston and his fish present. :) That is all for me today! I hope you enjoyed today's card! Thanks for stopping by and see you again soon!

16 comments:

  1. Oh so totally adorable!! Love the embossed background and that super cute little fishing bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun design Ka, your colouring is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bear going fishing! This is adorable!! & your coloring is amazing!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and makes such a great masculine card! Love the design and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable this is!! You've done a fabulous job coloring this cute fellow! :) Great Summer theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute...love the fishing bear! Great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so adorable! Love your coloring and the punny sentiment on the inside is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card, and perfect coloring! Have a lovely day Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable!! Your coloring is perfect and I LOVE the little sentiment with the cup cake inside. FABULOUS design!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful coloring! I really love the embossed base too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your coloring, Ka--wonderfully crafted card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic! I love how you combined the two sets with images of Winston - I've never thought to do that and it's super cute! The added sparkle on the fish really adds some fun detail too! And I love your color combo! Thank you for getting inky with us at Newton's Nook Designs and linking up to our Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, he's a cute little fella!! Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great coloring. That little fishing bear is super cute for sure. Love the honeycomb pattern in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you added dimension with some of the pieced elements and also love that embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. to cuuuteee
    love the BG Embossing folder you have Ka really fit for manly card and the bear great colored too and sweet zooming the fish
    you have lovely washi tape
    in germany we have only less choice of washi tape
    if it is its so expensive cause sent from USA
    also I must living without much washi tape hehehe
    hugs, Monika
    PS: when is your birthday Ka ..I forget so sorry....

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥