Pages

7.03.2015

Sending Hugs Card Featuring Lawn Fawn On The Mend

Happy Friday and Happy Fourth of July!

I hope everyone has fun-filled plans this holiday weekend. My husband and I are going out of town to visit my side of the family and will be watching the fireworks there on Saturday night. The fireworks there aren't as big and fancy as the ones here in town, but at least we get to be with our family and that is all that really matters.

I'm here today to share a card I made for a dear friend who is going through a break-up. I'm not so sure this card will help cheer her up, but I know that it will at least bring a smile to her face. Who wouldn't smile if they received a bouquet of smiling flowers? :0)


It was hard to find a stamp or stamp set in my current collection for break-up/divorce, but I did manage to make Lawn Fawn On The Mend set to work for this type of card. I decided to make a simple layout card by first cutting a white panel for the sentiment and die-cutting a couple of circles. I used Copic Marker R20 to create those stripes on the sentiment panel using a ruler as a guide.


I decided to use the tissue box image to create the background. I colored the images and added some shadows with copic markers. The bouquet of flowers was then carefully fussy cut. The vase has some glossy accents and those smiling flowers has little touches of glitter from the Clear Wink of Stella pen. I assembled all the pieces to its place and finished the card off with a yellow bow on the vase.

That's all for today! I hope you enjoyed today's card! Thanks for stopping by and hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Such a sad occasion, but your card is very comforting. It's also extremely clever! I love those smiling flowers and a tissue box background - wow! Have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so sweet to send comfort to a friend in a difficult time! This card is so perfect for it! It's sooo sweet, and i love how you have the kleenex boxes in the background. Of course those smokey faces flowers are darling too! Lovely card Ka!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh Ka this is soo super duper cuuuteeee
    that flowers with smile uuuh I love it cute cute cuteeee
    and the case look so adorable too
    great masking that tissue box and adorable color too
    your new Profile picture so relax and you are so sweet near your hubby
    regards for him from me in Germany
    hugs for you, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you created those stripes with the Copic marker! I thought it was background paper!!! Cute image and colored so pretty. I think your friend is going to love this as much as I do.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy and fun design Ka.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card, it's sure to bring sheer to your friend! Love those sweet little flowers. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today Ka! I took a peek around yours today, your cards are fantastic!! I'm your newest follower. Looking forward to more of your work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous!! So nice of you to make your friend a card. I LOVE the tissue boxes in the background-so clever. The little flowers make me smile. I like that you added a little "sparkle" to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fab! The boxes of tissues in the background are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a thoughtful gesture, Ka. I'm sure your friend will appreciate this card. The boxes of tissues in the bg is a clever idea. Really love the layout of this card.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative & cute, Ka! I think you're right--this will bring a smile to your friend's face & that's always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty and thoughtful card Ka and I'm sure your friend will appreciate that you took the time to make a personal card for her. Those flowers are so cute!
    Hope you had a good 4th July.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a CUTE card, and how thoughtful of you!! I love the tissue boxes setting the backdrop for those cheery flowers! The glitter and glossy accents were the perfect finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so darn sweet, love the tissues and darling flowers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you enjoyed your trip with your husband , alway nice to be with family. Love your little card with the sweet flowers , Ka!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥