Pages

7.10.2015

SpiegelMom Scraps 5th Anniversary Scrap Party



Hello everyone and welcome to the 5th Anniversary Scrap Party of SpiegelMom Scraps!! Jody, aka SpiegelMom, brought us all together to celebrate and party with all of you! We have some fantastic fun planned for you, including prizes for all the challenges being introduced by each blogger. Jody has rounded up some wonderful prizes for the challenge winners from Marion Smith Designs, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L, V’s Sweet Ideas (Vanessa and Nicole are with us today), Shimmerz Paints, May Designs, Willowfields Etsy Shop and American Crafts!!

To play along here’s what you need to do:
  1. Create a project based on any challenge introduced during this hop.
  2. You may enter one challenge or do them all!
  3. Link it up on this page under the appropriate InLinkz linky tool. You may link up a blog post with your newly created project (no back linking) OR use your Instagram account and link that up! Cool right!!
  4. Have fun and share the challenges with your crafty friends. Sharing is caring and you can win another prize just for sharing! The blog hop and challenges are open July 10-17th at midnight CST.
  5. Winners will be announced on July 20th on the SpiegelMom Scraps website.
Now, here’s the entire Scrap Party Line Up for you.

SpiegelMom Scraps Blog - Jody
V's Sweet Ideas - Vanessa
Charity – SMS Sparkler’s DT
Ka – Special Guest Designer
Lou – SMS Sparkler’s DT
Nicole - V's Sweet Ideas
Kat – SMS Sparkler’s DT

After you hop the blogs, there's a special bonus hop over on 3 YouTube Channels, starting at SpiegelMom Scrap's channel! Don't miss out on that, there's a fabulous prize for hoping there also!!

SpiegelMom Scraps YouTube
Teresa Huckle
Charity

I am super excited today to be part of Jody, SpiegelMom Scraps Party blog hop as a guest designer! I am thrilled to be sharing projects alongside with her talented designers! :-) I have two shaker cards to share with you today. First up is a Bag Shaker Card. Since we're celebrating SpiegelMom Scraps anniveresary, I thought it be perfect to create a little festive scene using some of SpiegelMom Scraps embellishments.


I started the card by stamping the two pandas from Mama Elephant and die-cutting them with the coordinating dies. I used my R20 Copic Marker and colored in their cheeks for blushes. I also stamped two party hats from Newton's Nook Designs. They were colored with Copic Markers and carefully fussy cut. I used a red stars patterned paper for my background panel and since it was so bright, I placed a sheet of vellum over it to help tone it down. I also thought it be fun to add a stitched banner on top and a strip of yellow arrows on the bottom.


To create the shaker bag, I stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn Plus One set and heat embossed with Zing red glitter embossing powder. Then, I cut off the flap from one of the mini glassine bags. I then poured in the Black Beauty Iridescent Sequins, sealed the top with some adhesive, and ran the two ends of the bag with the Fiskars Crimper. I added the yellow baker's twine on each corners and adhered it to the card.


I finished off this card by adding some glittery shine on the party hats using the Clear Wink of Stella pen.


For this next shaker card, I decided to go in a complete different direction and create a simple birthday card. I used one of the penguins from Mama Elephant Love Quotes set. I colored him with Copic Markers and carefully fussy cut him out. I blended the background using Mama Elephant Fresh Mint, Piggy Bank, and Buttercup pigment inks. I die-cut a small stitched panel and created a window on that panel using Mama Elephant Sew Fancy dies. I stamped the birthday sentiment from Lawn Fawn Baked with Love set. I poured in some sequins from SpiegelMom Summer Meadow Sequins Mix and sealed it completely using Scotch Foam Tape.


I created a little tiny present box using a tiny heart from SpiegelMom Heart-Fetti Felt die-cuts (which is one of the products being reveal today) and a yellow baker's twine. To finish the card, I added some Ranger black enamel dots on the penguin eyes and scattered some more sequins on the top panel from the same sequins mix.


So, now that you seen both of my shaker cards, my challenge for you is to create a shaker card too! You can fill it with sequins, seed beads, small die-cut pieces, or anything as long as it shakes! And don't forget to link it up under the appropriate Inlinkz linky tool over at SpiegelMom site.

I had so much fun creating the cards for this hop and I absolutely love how they turned out. These little critters always make me smile :). I hope you were inspired by my cards and I cannot wait to see what you'll create! Don't forget to visit everybody's blogs for even more inspirations, challenges, and chances to win some amazing goodies from our wonderful sponsors! ♥ Your next stop is Lou! I know you'll love what she created for you!

32 comments:

  1. your shaker cards are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Ka!!! I LOVE LOVE your cards! They are amazing and I'm super excited that you're joining us this week! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pandas on the first card! I'm gonna have to try a shaker card soon! Thanks for sharing! I just became a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOTH are adorable and so much fun! LOVE!!! Really love the way you used that bag on the first card. Terrific cards!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this cards are super cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word these are BOTH just as sweet as can be Ka!! Love your fun shaker bag to celebrate and of course your sweet little penguin guy is too sweet!! Always fun creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute cute cute cards, Ka. The shaker bag is new to me and I love the idea.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is these are all so fun! Love that adorable shaker card and your photos are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should be happy, both these cards are so fabulous Ka! The bag of sequins is genius and I have that die set from ME and now I need to make a shaker with this too, thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your guest spot! Your cards are both absolutely adorable! Love the soft colors and sweet little animals!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your guest designer spot. Your card are fabulous. LOVE the pastel colors and the shakers cards that you created. Beautiful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are just adorable!!! I LOVE the look of shaker cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SQUEALING over that little shaker card with the bird! I think the panda card is great... BUT THAT BIRD!!! SO CUTE!! So excited to see what your created for the hop! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are very talented, Ka! 2 fabulous creations! Congrats on being the GD!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your shaker cards. very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. your cards are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! Both your cards are fabulous! Your pandas are too cute. Love the pretty background colors on you second card!! Seriously fun cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I missed a lot pretty cards!! I really love the colors you used behind the bird, it's really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love both your shaker card Ka - they are so creative! I really like the ombre look on the circle card.
    Congratulations on your GD spot - it is very well deserved!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats for your GD Ka yaaayyy
    you deserve it
    your first card I adore that you put like candy in the middle of the card
    you have much lovely sequin
    I only have one bottle hihii...so less..but is Ok I am not good at making shaker card and dont want to make a bulk card too
    your second card to cuuuteee love that you make a bow sooo tiny on that heart near penguin
    cuute cuutee cuutee all on this post
    I want to hugs your card hihi
    Cheers, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such super adorable cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards! Love the new look!
    Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards! I love the colors you used in the background/shaker part from your second card. So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those cards are super sweet! Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your cards especially the second one. Never made a shaker card so that would be a real challenge

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely cards as usual Ka! Cute images and design! Have a lovely day! Crafty hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just the cutest cards! Love that sweet banner on the first one and I just love these ME animals/critters!

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE how you have the panda's "holding' the envelope - so cute!! And such a fun banner! And wow, your fussy cutting is AMAZING! That little penguin is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on being a guest designer! How exciting! Both of your cards are absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love shaker cards and love using SpiegelMom Scraps in them! Your cards are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  31. KA, your projects are so lovely. I am sorry if I mixed up your name!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really love the tiny little heart on the penguin, what a fun shaker card!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥