Pages

8.12.2015

Lawn Fawn: Have a Sweet Birthday

Hello crafty friends!

Happy Hump Day! We're about halfway through the week! Yay!! I'm popping in quickly to share a birthday shaker card I made for my sister-in-law and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Food and/or Drink. My SIL favorite color is pink and so I decided to paired that with beige. What do you think? Do they compliment each other well?


I used Lawn Fawn Baked With Love stamp set to create my card. The images were colored with Copic Markers and then they were carefully fussy cut. Most of the sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh, except for the largest pink iridescent sequins, which is from Spiegel Mom Scraps Etsy Shop.

Honestly, this shaker card took me FOREVER to make. They sure are fun, but there's so much work involved in creating one! This is the first time I used Fun Foam and it was not FUN! Lol! Since I have to applied my own adhesive to both sides of the Fun Foam, the adhesive "booger" kept getting on the acetate sheet and the sequins kept getting stuck along the side of the Fun Foam! It was really frustrating! If you have any advice, feel free to share them!


I had to add some sequins on the outside of the shaker because I accidentally got some embossing powder on where some of the sequins are. I forgot to apply the anti-static powder on where I stamped the sentiment!

Even though it took me a long time and some frustrating time to get my shaker working, I still had fun. And, I still absolutely LOVE how the card turned out! :) That's all for today! Thank you for stopping by and I'll see you back here on Friday! Enjoy the rest of your week!

19 comments:

  1. Oooooh that is one sweet card! Pink is my color too!! Just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest Ka!! What a fun and pretty shaker card! & I adore the pink a beige together, it's very soft and pretty!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable birthday shaker! Love the sweet lil' cupcake! Darling design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWE! This is adorable! I love the soft pinks and the fun shaker element behind your cute images!! Really fun design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable and you SIL is going to love it!! Pretty design, sweet colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovein' shaker cards, yours is awesome... And looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is just too cute and sweet! I know your SIL will love it! And as for using fun foam.. Ah yes I've had the same frustrations! I have found it much easier to use fun foam to pop up panels. However for shaker cards, I almost exclusively use foam tape now. And when I use foam, I have had the best success using dry adhesive like my atg or scortape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cutie pie shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable!! Love this shaker card! Awesome job!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super sweet card, love how soft and delicate it is! Have a lovely day Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Yep! I love it. Great shaker card and it's perfect. A precious and yummy card Ka!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pink is my favorite color, too, & I love it with beige! Your card was worth the effort--wonderful creation, Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sweet colors! And the shaker of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darling card. I especially like the scallops on the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As cute as can be, the perfect shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ADORABLE and I love it - and I think you could enter it into the Food challenge over at DoubleClick - Here is a link for you!! Would love to see it in our gallery!! http://doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com/2015/08/thank-you-cherry-much-use-food.html
    Taunya Butler
    daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a pretty pink shaker card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yaay Ka
    this is the cutest Shaker card with a table and cup cake on it I have seen
    ohhh I wish I have this little table and cup cake image so so cuutee
    must save a bit money and buy this cute one..
    love the scallop too there
    Ka you have so many lovely stitched DIE
    I just have my Big shot and I found it is expensive to buy DIES
    but Its is praktish so easy and fast to making shaker card...maybe I will save again my money to buy DIES :) but till today I am happy living with my stencil distress ink and all my stamps :)
    see you around again my friend
    I still doing catch up hehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a sweet and cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥