Pages

8.10.2015

Newton's Nook Designs: Happy Birthday

Hello Crafty Friends!

Happy Monday to you!!! I'm sorry that it's been so quiet around here on the blog this past week! I have been completely swamped at work. The free time that I had was either spent snoozing, eating or catching up on my shows. Crafting really wasn't on my mind until last night. I made three cards total, but the other two still need a little touch up, so I'll  share them sometime later this week when I finished them.


It's such a shame that I won this cute Delightful Doxies set from Newton's Nook Designs months ago and I just finally inking them up! I really had a good intention on pulling out this set sooner, but each time I sat down to create, either the image doesn't work or the recipient that I'm creating for doesn't have a doxie or isn't a dog person. I try very hard to tailor all my cards to fit my recipient likes and personalities.

The current theme for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog this week is Tie It Up, which is to use twine or ribbon. But since, I couldn't find any matching twine, string, or ribbon to go with the patterned paper on the left side, I decided to create my own using that same patterned paper, Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders die and Mama Elephant Dainty Bow die. I hope this still qualify and if not, it's okay too!


I did a little bit of masking on the doxie and balloon, then I blended the background with distress inks. I colored the doxie and balloon with Copic Markers. And then I finished the card off with some clear Wink of Stella and a coat of glossy accents on the balloon.

I hope you like today's card and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leaving me some blog love! I appreciate them and read every single one of them and sometime twice! :) Have a wonderful week and see you again soon!

15 comments:

  1. What a perfectly delightful card...so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sweet little doxie card, Ka, and your paper bow is perfect for our challenge this week! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! love that little bow and glittery balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to get back in your craft room! You totally rocked this set! I love everything about this card Ka! All the stitched edges and your masking of how you did the ground and sky is just perfect! Oh and the bow!! I love that bow, I will have to find that! SO very sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment! The bow die is called "Dainty Bow" from Mama Elephant.

      Delete
  5. Three cards in one night, how wonderful, I can't wait to see the rest because this one is fabulous Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card! I love how he's holding that sparkly balloon. That bow in the striped paper is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH that is darling!! Your ink blended background is so wonderful and the little doggy is colored so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Squeeeee! I absolutely love this one! Such gorgeous colours and colouring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GAWSH!! You KNOW I love this, right?!! I am a HUGE doxie lover and I adore this set!! So happy to see you using it as I think you make lovely designs!! :) I love that stunning detail you've put on the balloon!! Really amazing card and thanks for sharing!! Sorry, I'm just now catching up with my fave blogs!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just adorable! Beautiful ink blending and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally cute & Fun!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the inking and glossy accents and that cute little bow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the balloon again with glossy accent
    and that cute little bow also perfecto Ka yeah I love the color and so tiny it is...
    sweet little dog image with his balloon and lovely sponged background behind the dog Ka
    sweet and adorable card again
    luv this
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card Ka and well done on the mention over at Newtons Nook :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥