Pages

8.17.2015

Newton's Nook Designs: Masculine Cards

Hello crafty friends!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! A few friends and I went out to the movies on Saturday and watched "The Gift." It was alright for the most part. I enjoyed it. And yesterday, I pretty much craft all day. I stopped a couple hours here and there. My brother-in-law and nephew stopped over for a little visit in the morning and in the evening the husband and I took a stroll down to the harbor to watch the sunset. It was such a beautiful summer evening. I really wish I would have brought my camera to take a photo for you girls. Maybe next time.


Today, I have two cards to share. One is for my Father-in-law's birthday and the other one is for my awesome brother who was very thoughtful to send me some amazing stamps goodies he found while on his trip to New York. Both of today's cards featured Winston's from Newton's Nook Designs Winston's Birthday set.


For the first card, I created some signs using partial of the sentiment "You're Toad-ally Awesome!" from Simon Says Stamp Quite The Pair set and "Thanks" from Lawn Fawn Woodgrain Backdrops set. Next, I stamped the card base with the woodgrain background stamp in Simon Says Stamp Khaki ink. I used Tumbled Glass distress ink for the background and white heat embossed the clouds from Lawn Fawn Into The Woods. The grasses are die-cut using Lawn Fawn Grassy Border dies in Simon Says Stamp Green Leaf and Green Apple cardstocks. Winston was colored with Copic marker and carefully fussy cut. I decided to cut his arms out to make it look like he was holding the sign.


The second card, I used the birthday accessories in Winston's Birthday set to create the scene. Everything was colored with Copic markers. The balloon have a coat of glossy accents. I added some clear Wink of Stella to the hat, cupcake and present. The last thing I did for this card was stamping the sentiment with VersaMark and blacked heat embossing it.

These two cards didn't really take that long to put together. Once all the pieces was die-cut and fussy cut, the assembling of the cards went pretty fast. That is all for me today! I hope you enjoy today's card! Thank you so much for stopping in! Wishing you all a fabulous week!

17 comments:

  1. These are adorable l, I love how they hold the sign and the cupacake, super nice job as always Ka, have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so cute! I love the woodgrain background with the little window! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely weekend!! These are both SO very sweet Ka!! Love your adorable scenes with Winston. Perfect masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet, adorable cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weekend sounds wonderful! Both card are adorable ,Ka! The woodgraine makes the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOO cute! Love the way you cut the arms out on that one card and had him holding a sign. Super creative and just adorable.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! And you even got to make some cards, thanks so much for sharing these, they are so sweet, I love the present with the balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a really nice weekend. These cards are way too adorable. I LOVE the little die cut scenes you created. They look fabulous behind those adorable critters. Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute cards, Ka! What a sweet brother you have! By the way, if you haven't tried Score Tape with Fun Foam, I think it works great, but I wasn't making a shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a really nice and relaxing weekend for sure! ;) Would love to see a photo sometime because in the Midwest, I don't see those kind of views here!! LOL!! I adore your fun NN designs here!! Love how he's holding the sign and the prezzie with the balloon is too cute!! Thanks for sharing these! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both so adorable and love the little scene you created! I hope your Father-n-law had a fabulous birthday and it was so sweet of your brother to bring back some goodies for you to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute and yet still so perfect for men! I don't even know how you managed that! lol! Love those adorable bears!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wood grain stamp always good at making manly card Ka
    and love that little critter on your card so so cuuteeee
    I guess the balloon again with glossy accent sweet birthday card
    and your brother will proud of you and happy to get his card
    all here is so cute
    now finish with Catch up
    how was your macaron at the weekend Ka
    I made springroll last night and will have lunch with rice in my office yummyy
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHHHH Finally the time to check blogs!!! Of course I had to see yours you made a lot new works. I'm wanting that Lawn Fawn Woodgrain Backdrops stamp set for such a long time, I think you used it perfecly!! I love how it turned out here :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Ka, that is one adorable bear love the designs.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥