Pages

8.22.2015

Stampin' Up!: Butterfly Birthday

Hello crafty friends! Happy Saturday! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend so far!

I wanted to pop in and share the card I made for my crafty friend Shannon from Stamp and Glitter. Today is actually her birthday. If you know her, go wish her a happy birthday!


Shannon had told me that her favorite color is purple and that she loves butterfly. So, I personalized the card and envelope especially for her. Shannon, I hope your birthday is extra special today! And I hope you are getting spoil! :) Happy birthday!!!


For today's card, I wanted to create a glass butterfly or at least try to. I love just how beautiful they are! I stamped the butterfly from Stampin' Up! Kindness Matters set in Mama Elephant Eggplant ink and clear heat embossed onto a vellum sheet. I added some clear Wink of Stella to the wings and carefully fussy cut. Isn't she beautiful with all that shine? I love it!


For the card base, I dry embossed a purple and white cardstocks with a Stampin' Up! Flourish Texturz Plate and then die-cut using Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle dies. Then, I stamped the fancy frame from Stampin' Up! Frames with a Flourish set in VersaFine Onyx black and black heat embossed. Next, I masked the outside edges and blended together Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Shabby Shutters and Scattered Straw distress inks. Then I stamped the birthday sentiment and carefully fussy cut the frame out. Everything was assembled and adhered to a white cardstock.

That is all for me today! I had so much fun creating this card and I was quite happy to put some of those retired Stampin' Up! sets to use. I actually had forgotten about them until I needed a butterfly image! Lol! Thanks so much for stopping in and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

17 comments:

  1. This is lovely!! I like the fancy shimmery butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! I Love how you created that lovely butterfly on this card. I also like the purple colors with the vivid sentiment block. I am kind of obsessed with purple lately so this card is the bomb to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous & fun Birthday card!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Ka!! Thanks SO much for the Birthday wishes! & I was SO very thrilled to receive this card in the mail. It's simply stunning!! I adore the glass, shimmery butterfly , it;s just so very pretty!! I love how you blended in some green/blue for the sentiment, It just popped on the purple card!! Oh and the way you customed my envelope just made me smile!! THANK YOU so very much!!! Hope you have an amazing weekend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely and beautiful. I love that glass looking butterfly too. A very pretty birthday card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is really elegant looking!! So soft and pretty!! I love how you've embossed that butterfly onto the vellum like that!! STUNNING!! I'm sure she loved this!! :) Didn't know it was her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card! I love the ombre look you have with the paper palette, and that butterfly is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card you made for your friend. And I think it's very sweet that you included her favourite things to the card; really adds a card that special personal touch. Very beautiful! Shannon is very lucky to have you as a friend and to receive such a gorgeous card.
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, that is so sweet of you Ka! I love the butterfly, and the customized envelope, awesome! Have a lovely day Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so sweet of you! The card and matching envelope are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Ka--love the dry embossing & blended inks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the effect on the butterfly!!! With the embossing and the glitter!!! Super pretty!!
    -> Ps. I wonder if you want to do a card swapp with me?

    ReplyDelete
  13. How thoughtful of you Ka! This a sweet card. LOVE the butterfly.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so sweet, your butterfly is so delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The butterfly is really pretty! I love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card. I really like that delicate vellum butterfly. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely design Ka
    love that butterfly vellum
    and love that strip purple paper too
    CAS and adorable soft color
    she will adore this as I do
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥