Pages

9.11.2015

A New Style

Hello crafty friends!

Happy Friday! I hope you all has fun plans this weekend! With all the driving and lots of activities happened last weekend, our plan is just to relax and chill at home and hopefully get some crafty things done along with a little cleaning around the house.


Today, I have some pretty cards to share. This is rather a new cardmaking style that I am loving. I'm not sure what's it called, maybe shabby chic? Whatever it's called, I love it! I love the fresh look of it. I love the doilies. I never know what to do with them and now, I found reasons to use those doilies. I drew the color inspiration from the jars that are part of an old paper pack collection called Dear Lizzy Neapolitan. I love these lovely jars and I think they're perfect for this style of cardmaking.


I used the flower from Avery Elle Petals and Stems set and stamped in Mint, Buttercup and Apricot inks. The flower centers was stamped in Dark Storm ink and the leaves were stamped in Lemongrass. The jars, flowers and leaves were all fussy cut by hand. I know, you must think I was crazy to cut all these by hand, but believe me, the results was so worth it! The doilies are part of a gift to me from SpiegelMom Scraps for guest designing for her. She's amazing and so generous! I used the sentiments from Lawn Fawn So Much To Say set and stamped them in VersaFine Onyx Black ink.

Once everything was stamped and cut, I die-cut some stitched panels in Simon Says Stamp Mint and Lemon Chiffon Cardstocks using Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables. Then I ran the panels through an old Stampin' Up! Flourish Textured Platez. Everything was adhered to some white card bases and the blooms was popped with foam dimensional adhesives.

That is all for me today! I hope you love seeing this style and hopefully I inspired you to give it a try if you haven't already! As much as I love the cute and whimsical style, I think it's nice to go out of your comfort zone and try other style. You never know, you might like it! :) Already, a storm of ideas is circling in my head and I can't wait to put them all on papers! :D Well, wishing you all a lovely weekend and be safe, friends! :)

24 comments:

  1. These flowers are gorgeous, and the cards turned out lovely! Love the background the cool effect on your jars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a beautiful style in the most gorgeous colours. Id say you nailed it :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! These cards are so gorgeous! Way to try out a new to you style - I do believe you've mastered it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards! I have doilies and everytime I tried to add them to a card I would remove them again... maybe I'll try again lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards!! I love those soft colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty cards. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore your cards. Simply beautiful..
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those soft colors! Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how lovely these look all lined up together in different shades! Beautiful work that makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really love how these turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are so lovely!!! The soft colors that you used, the fun fussy cut jars and the doilies-perfection!! Wonderful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I call this style PRETTY!! Love the soft colors and you can never go wrong with a lovely paper doily!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you had a lovely time, relaxing at home. It's nice to have a couple of lazy days every now and then, isn't it? Yup, I loved seeing this style. These are just gorgeous and elegant. I like the soft pastel colours and the clean design. Fabulous! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are gorgeous. I love the doilies and mason jars.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ka
    seriously I love your new style
    I love that jar combo with doilies
    how many did you made
    all with soft colors I love them all...
    so sorry just visiting you again so busy with all clothes to washing to ironing and buy food for a week hehe cause my children still have school holiday also I am a busy mom stay home cause of the holiday
    but will work again at 15 sept
    I love italy I love the food and love the people they are loud if speak but they are so kind person not like Germany person they are more quiet and not so much show they emotion...
    I like better loud but kind people hehehe
    hugs, and see you again
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful, Ka--modern & trendy, too! Doilies are one of my favorite elements & you've used them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these!! So pretty and romantic looking with those doily's! SO pretty! Really love that you tried a new style! Its just so gorgeous! Lovely Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the doilies and the soft colors! I think it's a great new style :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This style works so beautifully here!! I love the soft colors with the fresh and trendy design!! ;) The doilies are really a great touch to the design! :) Hope you are having a great week so far!! I'm trying to catch up with everyone! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty cards! Love the soft design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These cards are absolutley adorable! I have a stash of doilies that I've collected because they're just so pretty, but I never know what to do with them, now I know! I agree about trying something out of your comfort zone, it just mixes it up and is great if you're in a bit of a slump and lacking inspiration. Just try something new, you'll soon get your mojo back :P

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥