Pages

10.22.2015

Lawn Fawn: I Love Fall Friendship Card



***If you’re here to apply or read more about my DESIGN TEAM CALL for the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge you can click here. Thank you!***

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello crafty friends!

Today I have another card to share using the Design Team Call Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge Board. This time I used the first row down to inspire my project: Forest Friends, Leaves and Twine. I haven’t play with the Lawn Fawn Into The Woods stamp set in awhile, so I decided to use that set to create this super cute card.


(Sorry, my photo is a bit crooked)

I started the card by stamping the background with Hero Arts Envelope Pattern background stamp. I cut a piece of cloud patterned paper into a square and then die-cut the grasses using Lawn Fawn Grassy Border Dies. The leaves were a two steps stamping process – I first stamped all the solid colors and then went back and stamped the black outlined leaves on top. The longest part about making this card was fussy cutting all those tiny leaves. It was very time consuming, but worth it!


Aren’t these foxes just the cutest?! I used the mirror technique on the fox on the right. They were colored with copic markers and then I used Ranger Black Enamel Accents on their eyes and noses. They were also fussy cut and popped with glue dimensional dots. For the sentiment, I planned to say “we” instead of “I” but after a couple fail attempts at handwriting and trying to match the font, I decided to give up and used the sentiment as is. To finish my card, I used a matching embroidery thread and tied it into a bow.

Even though the card took me a little longer to make than expected, I still had fun making it and I absolutely love the result. I do hope you like today’s card too and that you are inspired to use the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge Board to create your next project. If you decide to play along, link it and let me know in your post that you’re just playing for fun. Thank you for stopping by and I’ll see you again soon!

17 comments:

  1. It's so so so so cute! I love those little foxes - excellent mirror technique, it came out well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is super cute Ka!! love your foxes!! You make a beautiful job with mirror stamping!! I have never tried this technique! Did you stamp on a piece of acetate or on the back of a big clear stamp?! Do you have some tips for me?! I'd really love to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO Cute! The vellum grass is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just darling!! They make a sweet little pair and I like your colorful fall leaves. CUTE card Ka!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mirror imaging is fabulous!! I am a failure at this technique, though I have tried it many times. I can never gt a crisp image. Your tree is awesome and I cannot believe you FUSSY CUT all those leaves!!! Wow!! Such a stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is darling Ka!! I love the way you mirrored those adorable little foxes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stop it, Ka! This card is waaaaay too cute for public broadcast! It should come with a warning: "May induce shortness of breath, followed by crazy-talk!" Excuse me while I take a moment to recover! <3
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous cute card Ka!.I love the cute mirrored foxes and the glossy facial features really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super sweet card, Ka! I forget to use my Envelope BG stamp & you've reminded me why I bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ka this is soooo adorable
    love that cute tiny eyes
    how did you made it
    and love the grass (I have martha stewart puncher grass you have dies but nearly the same Ka ..amazing)
    and love your DP with clouds and oh nooo you really fussy cut all the leaves
    I used my puncher..ADORABLE CUTE CARD AND I ADORE THIS
    will show you my Woodland card soon
    wait and see Ka
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWE!! Now how sweet is this card!! Your design of this scene is stunning and your coloring is awesome!! I just love this and a brilliant way to use your challenge board!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too cute!! Love the fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute couple!
    It is wonderful technique!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable I love the way you've got the little foxes peeking out from the grass 😊

    ReplyDelete
  16. The critters look so cute :) I love the little enamel dots for their eyes and nose!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥