Pages

10.01.2015

Newton's Nook Designs: Doxie Birthday

Hello there!

Happy October 1st! I cannot believe September just flew by! I guess time goes fast when one is having fun and secretly planning something. :D There are a lot of exciting things going on this month, not only in my personal life, but crafting and blogging too. I won't be able to share the crafty news with you today, but I will tell you that it involves lots of FUN and STAMPS! And, NO! I'm not starting a new stamp company just in case some of you are thinking that. I can't even draw or create a brush in photoshop, so starting a stamp company is very unlikely. I'm just so excited that some days I can barely sit still! :) I just thought I tell you a little something so you know what's going on if you don't see a card from me for several days. :)

Anywho, today, I have a birthday card to share using one of the cute doxie from Newton's Nook Designs Delightful Doxies set. I just adore those cute doxies and love how much fun they are having. This one in particular is tied to a balloon! How fun is that! To be able to drift far away with the clouds to wherever she's going sounds wonderful. And dreamy.


The clouds patterned paper is actually a piece of vellum paper from Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Collection. This is one of the paper that I held on to for many years and just finally decided it was time to use it. I don't really see these types of specialty papers at Michaels, Hobby Lobby or JoAnn. This paper was actually bought at Archivers when we still had one in our area. I actually miss going there with my sister. It was one of the place that my sister and I bonded over and it's also how I found scrapbooking. Taking classes, browsing the isles and standing at their counter making make-and-take projects. Such fun memories! Oh, well, there's nothing that one can do except treasure the memories made there. I'm sorry for going off topic and went a little mushy on you guys.


As you can see in the photo above, I added some glossy accents to the balloons and heat embossed the strings. The doxie was colored with Copic Markers and so was the balloons and butterfly. I don't know if you can see in the photo, but I added some tiny white dots on one of the butterfly wings using the Uni-ball White Gel pen. The giant cloud was die-cut using Mama Elephant Landscape Trio. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! Petite Pairs set.

Well, I hope you were inspired by today's card! Thanks again for stopping by and seeing my work! Enjoy the rest of your week!

23 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Love the balloons and cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait till you can share your news!! Your card is adorable! What a sweet little pup and I like the polka dot clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is super cute! Love all of the cute details! And I can't wait to hear the exciting news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to know now that you hinted at it! Design team?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute :D Love those little doggies looking forward to hearing your good news.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your news sounds exciting and I want to know!!! & this card is just adorable! I love the sky scene you created with the clouds!! Just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are such a tease, Ka! :) You've got be wondering. Must be something HUGE if you can barely sit still! Looking forward to hearing more wonderful news. Your card is super adorable. As a doxie-mama I know how feisty these little darlings can be. Must have those stamps! Have a great weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute and fun! Thank you so much for your kind comments on my tea cups - I'm a huge tea fan too! I shall be adding you to my blog list, then I won't miss out on what's happening - I love a good mystery :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ka this is just adorable! Nice touch heat embossing the strings and of course the shiny balloons. Your coloring and design is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh......Ka this is over the moon ( clouds) too darn cute! I love that little dog Nd the gorgeous vellum cloud paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a lovely, fun, happy card. I really like the shiny balloons too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is such a fun, happy card. I really like the shiny balloons too xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable and fun card Ka - so creative to use stamps in unusual ways. Can't wait to hear your news.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. EEEEK!!! ER-MA-GUUURRRDD!!! This is toooo stinkin' CUTE Ka!!! I'm sure you already know how I feel about these images!! LOL!! LOVE him floating around in the clouds and the shinny balloons are just awesome!! Such a darling card!!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. And I will be combing your blog to see what you have in store for us missy!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ka, just back to tell you that you won the $ 20 gift certificate to the Serendipity Stamps store! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU so much for letting me know! I'm excited! :)

      Delete
  17. You know how to make my heart happy! LOVE the little flying doxie and your cute, cute, CUTE card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, you made me curious now. I can't wait to hear what the exciting news are. I hope youll be able to share then soon! Or at least some (more) hints. ;)
    This card made me giggle. I wish I could fly away with a balloon just like this little doggie as well. ;) Really beautiful!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super creative & so cute--love this, Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a cute card! I love that wee doggie floating among the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  21. your sky is green (or my eyes is bad ) but this is adorable Ka
    love the sky the clouds the balloon and the scene you made is so so cuuutee
    Love this card dear friend
    you always so good at making cute scene Ka...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how the fussy cut/stamped items just pop against the vellum, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥