Pages

10.15.2015

Whimsy Stamps: Hoo Hoo Hooray!



***If you're here to apply or read more about my DESIGN TEAM CALL for the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge you can click here. Thank You!***


___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi crafty friends! First of all, I want to thank all of you for your kind words, sweet wishes and encouragements on my new venture! You are all fabulous and so awesome! Secondly, I would love for anyone, even my crafty and blogging friends to apply too. The reasons I did not personally invite anyone was because I do not know what everyone plans are and I wouldn't want any conflicts of interest between them and their current design team. So, I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. I do want you to apply and I really hope that you do. This way I know for sure that you are interested and/or have no conflicts of interest (if you are on a design team).

Now that what needed to be said is out of the way, we can move on to today's project. I wanted to pop in to show a sample card I made for the Design Team Call Challenge. I plan on making more samples throughout this month to inspire you and hopefully motivate you to play along even if you only want to play just for fun and not for the design team position.


For this card, I was especially inspired to pull out and dust off my woodgrain embossing folder to create a cute birthday card. I decided to chose the first row going diagonal from top left to bottom right - forest friends, embossing and woodgrain.


I dried embossed a textured brown cardstock with the woodgrain embossing folder, die cut a stitched circle on the center of the embossed panel and backed a vellum cloud patterned paper that I talked about here behind the cut-out circle. Then I adhered the entire embossed panel to a confetti card base. Don't these owls look like they just flew in to a friend's house?


The owls were stamped in Mama Elephant Smoke pigment inks and then colored with Copic Markers. I added glossy accents to both of the owls eyes and popped them up against the window using dimensional adhesives.


I decided to black heat embossed the sentiment onto a speech bubble wood veneer, but unfortunately it didn't turn out as well as I hope. As you can see in the photo some of the embossing powders kind of melt into the wood. But, I'm glad the sentiment is still readable though. Next, I wanted to add something sparkly, so I die-cut a small balloon out of aqua glitter paper using one of the Lawn Fawn Party Balloons Dies. I finished the card by tying a white twine to the balloon and scattering some Pretty Pink Posh sequins to my card.

I absolutely adore these owls! They are just too cute! They definitely are my latest obsession! Hehehe. I really hope you enjoyed today's simple card and were inspired by today's sample for the Design Team Call Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge! I personally am finding the tic-tac-toe challenge to be so much fun and full of possibilities and that's why I LOVE IT! Again, thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow Ka!! These owls are just too cute!! I love the pretty colors you gave them along with them popping through the hole with the wood-grain background!! :) Such a fun and happy party card!! Love that you are sharing your challenge ideas with us!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a totally adorable card! I love that wood grained background! Good luck with your Challenge! It sounds like a fun and wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh soo very sweet Ka!! I love the embossed woodgrain background and those owls are darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really do look like they just flew in to wish their friend a happy birthday! Cute owls, and I love that sparkly balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! This tic tac toe is good any way you look at it, so many possibilities, I love the wood grain of your design! lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ka, this is so cute! Love the embossing on the background and of course the owls are darling! Precious card!
    Best of luck on your new venture too! Sounds like so much fun.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute!! I love the woodgrain background and those owls are darling!!! Great design!! Good luck on your new venture!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have reminded me that I 'need to get out my embossing folders, the woodgrain background is perfect this is another wonderful card Ka! ps Your new challenge blog looks fabulous, good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Love the darling owls and woodgrain panel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super duper cute card, Ka. Love the colour combo and the woodgrain bg is perfect. Have a fab weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card, Ka--love the glittery balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card!! & I hope you will have a lot people that want to join your challenge team :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those owls are absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card Ka :) I love love love the challenge idea...tic tac toe is one of my favourites to participate in...hope to play along.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute, Ka! The embossing is so pretty, and I love heat embossing on wood, though it is tricky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg I read about the challenge!! Congrats Ka!! :)
    I'm so happy for your new adventure!! It would be an honor to join it! :) i'll submit one of my project for sure!! :)
    I love the tic tac toe challenge, it's always super funny! :)
    Your take it's beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. so very cute the couple of owl
    and I loveee much your wood grain so crisp Ka
    and again cute scene dear
    my finger was having a little accident
    I was not see and the door was closed its pain but I try to leave you some love my sweet friend
    hope you like visitng back
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥