Pages

2.11.2016

Newton's Nook Designs February Release - Newton Unwinds


Hello and welcome back! Today is the second reveal day of Newton's Nook Designs February release and today we're showcasing the Newton Unwinds stamp set.


I think this set is absolutely adorable! I love how relaxed Newton look! To start my card, I stamped and colored the image with Copic Markers and cut it out by hand. I set the image aside to work on my background panel. I dyed some embossing paste with Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio and Spun Sugar distress inks and applied the colored paste over on top of a polka dots stencil.


While I wait for the paste to dry, I stamped the sentiment and white heat embossed on black cardstock. I snipped one of the end to create a banner. I popped Newton with foam dimensional adhesives and adhered the banner on a vellum die-cut circle. Once the paste was dried, I finished the card by adhering the vellum circle to the colored paste background and adding a few Pretty Pink Posh marshmallow sequins.

I had so much fun playing with embossing paste and coloring Newton! I just love the way this card turned out! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hop along with us for a chance to win this stamp set!

Would you like to win the “Newton Unwinds” Stamp Set?
This set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!

Here's how to win:

Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective blog release posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, February 11th at 9pm CST to comment -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, February 12th.

Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:

38 comments:

  1. i like this newton stamp set that i have stumbled across today. Love your card. This stamp would be ideal used on a card for my sister who is an avid knitter. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card!!! Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute! Love your lovely background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card!! Love the background and really love that blue yarn..it pops!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newton is as cute as ever! Such an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I love your card! The blue is so pretty and just pops on the white background and then with that blue ball of yarn? And the cherry on top of it all is Newton. Just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that bright blue ball of yarn and I'm sure the vellum & black help it stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Newton sure is having a nice nap on that big ball of yarn. I love how you colored him too. Your card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the embossed polka dots, it's he purrfect background for that playful kitty!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome coloring of Newton, and I love the fabulous background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute with the polka dot background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card. I'm really inspired to try some new techniques by this blog hop. I feel like I'm connecting with my inner artist.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet card! This
    stamp set is adorable
    and I love your background!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card! This makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ka you made such a cheerful, warm and happy card. TFS your talent and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous card. It so makes me smile - such a happy lazy cat! Beautiful colours. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh the texture paste really makes the background. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so cute! I love your background and the stamp is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your background is so pretty for this cute stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome Ka, love your background, i newd to tey the embossing paste. Gives so much texture and love your yarn coloring! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  22. another cute set! lOVE These

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the background and the way you coloured the cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would tell my husband... "This stamp kitty followed me home, can we keep him!?!?"

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so adorable, Ka! I love the fun background you used and the lovely blue yarn! Thanks so much for being our guest and getting inky with us today!

    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute, cute, cute! Great stamp set...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really need to use my stencils more...add so much BAM to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely wonderful card. Love the colors you used and the use of vellum for placing the kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card! I love this new set! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very cute. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This card is over the top adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely card :) I need some embossing paste now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so cute! Love the soft background!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥