Pages

2.29.2016

Newton's Nook Designs Guest Design Post


Hello and Happy Leap Day!

Today is my Guest Design Post over at the Newton's Nook Blog. I am sharing this fun birthday card I made for my husband's birthday. Don't you just love this cute sloth and sentiment from the Newton's Nook Designs In Slow Motion stamp set? I absolutely love him and think he is the perfect critter for a masculine card.


For this card, I wanted to create a tropical rain forest sunset scene with a mountainous silhouette behind the sloth and I think I achieved the look I was going for. What do you think?


I started out by creating a mountainous mask using a wavy metal dies and masking paper. I first blended the upper part of a white cardstock and then went back to blend the mountainous silhouette. While I waited for the background to dry, I stamped, colored and fussy cut the sloth out. I stamped the sentiment in Jet Black StazOn Ink onto a piece of acetate cardstock. I decided to create my own nature sequins mix using an assorted colors and sizes from Pretty Pink Posh. After arranging everything to its proper place, I assembled the shaker and adhered the entire shaker to an Olive card base.

I don't know how anyone could pass up this stamp set. This set includes different types of critters and I love how you can use the critters for all sorts of occasions and different types of projects. So head over quickly to the Newton's Nook Shop to grab this set for you too! Today is the perfect opportunity to grab yours because they are running a Leap Day sale! You will get FREE Shipping with a $29 purchase to US addresses (or $3.50 off international orders)! Now go grab yours before they are sold out!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed today's card!
Ka

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the colors you used on this card! It is perfect for your husband, very cool that it is a shaker too.

    TFS! ~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shaker card is adorable! The sloth is so cute! I LOVE the gorgeous background! I bet your hubby loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so beautiful! I love shaker cards and your sunset is gorgeous! Thank you so much for being our guest this month! We really enjoyed having you play along with us!!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how CUTE!! I LOVE the scene you created for this. The sunset is STUNNING!!! Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete

Xie Xie | Tak | Merci | Danke Schoen | Grazie | Domo Arrigato | Talofa | Cheers | Gracias | Kiitos

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! ♥